Millenium AD - REVAMP

Radiotraining

- More historically centered had been the introduction of an additional building to the Umayyad faction that allows to unlock advanced techs that reflect the high sophistication of their civilization. They were called "diwans" and were various councils that administered the bureaucracy, organization and decision within the caliphates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divan

The main concept behind this administrative building (similarly with Carolingian's library) was to offer more options and decisions to take also in the late game, hopefully improving the longevity of the game experience that, in my personal experience, tend to slump towards the end. All of this is still obviously a beta test to try out some possible options that can be explored as gameplay :)  Anyway open to feedback / suggestions!

EDIT: forgot, credit to @Lopess for the 3D model of this and also many other buildings of the Umayyad civilization :)

Schermata 2022-01-19 alle 19.25.53.png

Schermata 2022-01-19 alle 19.27.00.png

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, nifa said:

I'm interested, please keep on spamming :D

AHA awesome! :D

To keep everyone in the loop:

- currently I'm working together with @Lopess (thanks so much man!!) to clean-up files, redundancies and fix minor bugs, so things are still a bit in progress.  @asterix I'll let you know when we reach a stable phase! :)

- guys let me know if you have also ideas and proposals! Not everything can be done and the mod must keep coherence with Vanilla. But, at the same time, fun and playability will benefit from different perspectives, historical elements and concepts. So, if someone is interested in this game, don't hesitate to express your opinions! :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Just a small tip. Upper case letters in file names are a faux-pas. I've noticed it in a lot of the files you've committed. :) Keeping all lower case letters makes things simpler (so you don't have to worry about case sensitivity).

true that!

I'm taking this advice and currently cleaning up names and files (thanks also to Lopess who's helping!).

I made quite a mess in those folders because there are still many of my attempts, and each iteration I put more and more fantasy names like "file_definitive_new_new_02" :D ahahaha

But now I'm cleaning that up and it should be much more clean and streamlined! And no uppercase! ;) 

• Like 2

Taking inspiration from this thread :

Following Stan suggestions, I decided to experiment a bit this feature in my mod by creating some gradual damage textures. Although not perfect, I'd say the result is not too bad either. Still better than nothing.

I imagine Stan had some better ideas when he talked about various prop-points for fire and smoke effects (right now everything is all kinda basic). The material is, as usual, in the same repository on github. 

I don't know about the poison/"burning effect" to deplete the health. This is something I still have to look on. But yeah! I'm open to feedback and suggestions. I guess it's easier to experiment alternative feature elements on a spin-off mod before implementing anything to the main game ;)

Schermata 2022-01-28 alle 17.35.16.png

Schermata 2022-01-28 alle 17.35.01.png

Schermata 2022-01-28 alle 17.35.19.png

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 4

@Freagarach

11 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

I don't know about the poison/"burning effect" to deplete the health. This is something I still have to look on. But yeah! I'm open to feedback and suggestions. I guess it's easier to experiment alternative feature elements on a spin-off mod before implementing anything to the main game

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I sometimes check forums and game for news and am happy to see this post.

For factions I'd consider following

West slavs. (Polish, Moravia)

Baltics 

Iberians. 

Italians (Lombards, Italian states)

Irish. 

Scots

Britons (Welsh, britanny, Cornwall)

I'd definitely go for Britons after Russia.

As Britons can easily represent scots,Irish for time being. Hit 2 birds with 1 stone. 

Edited by benisen11

• 6 months later...