"Capture the Wonder" or "Wonder of the World" game mode/victory condition

I think a "Capture the Wonder" game mode would be awesome. So, on certain random maps, a game setup option would be available to choose a "Capture the Wonder" victory. This is different from a standard "Wonder" victory; it would place a "Wonder of the World" at the center of the map, and the player or team who can capture and hold it for a specified amount of time wins the game.

Like a "Wonder" victory, the time duration can be chosen by the game host. The random map script could have a "<capture_the_wonder/>" flag that enables this, so that it can be available on a map script-by-map script basis (some map scripts would probably be unsuitable for this game mode by their design.

As an aside: If "Capture the Wonder" is implemented, I'd suggest renaming the standard "Wonder" victory to "Build a Wonder" or something similar.

Your thoughts on such a game mode/victory condition? 

For discussion of possible Wonders, go here:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This King of the Hill talk has happened a lot. I think it's a good idea. 

I would also like a Capture the Flag (Relic) mode. That would encourage more fights instead of just turtling. Maybe something like relics in the middle of a map that have to be moved to a designated area that favors the other team. The current relic mode either has too many relics or becomes a case where the capturer parks the relics in a secure area.

Edited by chrstgtr
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, chrstgtr said:

This King of the Hill talk has happened a lot. I think it's a good idea. 

I would also like a Capture the Flag (Relic) mode. That would encourage more fights instead of just turtling. Maybe something like relics in the middle of a map that have to be moved to a designated area that favors the other team. The current relic mode either has too many relics or becomes a case where the capturer parks the relics in a secure area.

"Capture the Relics" would definitely be a good victory condition/mode.

• Like 1