Balanced Maps 2 fork

andy5995

I created a fork of the Balanced Maps mod by @badosucalled Balanced Maps 2

Description: A collection of balanced maps that are especially designed for competitive play

Releases

The first version I released (v0.25.0999) I just tried to get *some* maps to work. Some maps are still not loading depending on the biome selected. Temperate seems ok. I've done very little testing myself so far.

Open a ticket if you notice anything serious

Edited by andy5995
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@andy5995y

Maybe you would like to consider adding a brief description of what this mod does? (not technically but from the player's perspective)

Thanks for keeping up the great work! :thumbsup:

PS and OT:

Inserting text after @<username> seems to be problematic in the mobile (Android) browser on this forum. Text gets eaten by the editor, and then I cannot delete the remaining letter ("y" in this case). Is there a known solution for this?

@Stan`

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Inserting text after @<username> seems to be problematic in the mobile (Android) browser on this forum. Text gets eaten by the editor, and then I cannot delete the remaining letter ("y" in this case). Is there a known solution for this?

Yes it's pretty annoying.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ceres said:

@andy5995

Maybe you would like to consider adding a brief description of what this mod does? (not technically but from the player's perspective)

Thanks for keeping up the great work! :thumbsup:

You're welcome. I've pushed the change to the repo and I'll edit my OP. Thanks for the suggestion @Ceres

Edited by andy5995
grammar
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, the updated mod is up on the mod downloader now, and I tested a few generations. The only issue is that for some reason it is called balanced-maps-2 after downloading, which was a previous name of the mod found here: https://github.com/0ad-matters/balanced_maps_2. I probably forgot to change something.

Nevertheless, it does work as far as I can tell, and it includes old favorites like slopes and cross.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

Posted (edited)

@real_tabasco_sauceYou can use that name if you want; I only did one release with that name, and I don't know that anyone ever tried it (I never received any feedback, negative or positive); it probably wouldn't be confusing for anyone. But if you want to change the name, check the mod.json file. Also, I think the zip file might need to be the same name as what you use in the name field to prevent certain types of problems (but I'm not sure).

Edited by andy5995

• 2 weeks later...