Hola A Todos

Hello Wildfire community! My name is Dario, i'm 26, and i'm from Paraguay, (that's South America).

Since i first met this site (like in mid-2002, iirc) i got really enthusiatic about it. Recently I Re-discovered it and decided to register and participate.

I am a programmer myself (working in C++ and Java mostly) and i'd really like to collaborate in SOME way (Isn't every programmer's childhood dream to write games, actually?)

So, here i am, a head, two hands, and a LOT of WILL to collaborate. Thanx!

Heya Molotov, fellow programmer from Paraguay. :)

I am quite sure that you could help out greatly! Will direct your introduction to the appropriate people. :P

How long have you been programming? I recently got my hands into Java. Bought "Java in a Nutshell" and some other java books and I really like that language, as you HAVE TO write proper OOP there. :P

Welcome to our Community, Dario, have a great time here. :P

I really like that language [Java], as you HAVE TO write proper OOP there. :)
That's precisely why I dislike Java :P (although I last (and first) looked at Java about five years ago, when I'd never even tried OOP in C++, so hopefully I'll now be able to survive having to learn it later this year...)

Hello DarkAngel, thanx for the welcoming B-)

Well, i've been programming (in this or that language: basic, pascal, c, php, SQL, c++, java) for the last 8 years... Mostly, however, projects for college and things like that.

I finished college last year, and began working in the real world :self-bash:

As for games, i wrote a couple (just experimenting with gametrees/alpha-beta pruning and J2ME) but nothing big till today.

And BTW, (i haven't found this in the FAQs) what language(s), tools, etc are you people developing 0AD with?

Bienvenido! Glad to hear you're so enthusiastic about joining the team. Building an RTS as complex as 0AD is no easy task and there's definitely plenty of work to go around. Maybe you should PM Jason or Stu (known on these forums respectively as Wijitmaker and Acumen) and you could look for the areas where you could best contribute.

I added you to my MSN contact list. I hope I can practice my Spanish with you!

And BTW, (i haven't found this in the FAQs) what language(s), tools, etc are you people developing 0AD with?

0AD's engine is written in C++, written/compiled on VC++ 6 and later versions. The scripts are all in Javascript. (Here's hoping none of this was confidential)

Though I would interject to say hey to Dario, and that Java DOES NOT force you to write proper OO code :P You can still very much break OO idioms if you know how to manipulate the language correctly, not to mention the language has primitive types with box/unboxing (very un-OOish).

If you want real pure OO, try Smalltalk or Ada...neither of which do I like.

Oh, and C# owns Java blind folded with its hands tied behind its back ;)