LetswaveaBook TG replay dump

LetswaveaBook

I used to play almost solely 1v1s as I felt they are more competitive. Personally I don't enjoy games were 8 players boom, one is behind and his team loses because they are practically 3v4. I would not mind uploading the losses of my team, but as a bad team member I mostly feel that when my team loses it is because someone else let us down heavily (The game in which I wanted to delete 2 women and deleted 80 military units instead is one that I conveniently ignore). I also cast some interesting games on my youtube channel, but I don't envy casting long team games there. Neither do I want to overload @mysticjim e-mail.

Recently I had some fun team games and I would like to upload some special strategies. I like to try some unconventional strategies, as just standard booming is just boring. A25 gives more room for full on cavalry aggression and that is a good thing.

Game descriptions below if you are not afraid of spoilers:

Spoiler

Game 1: It is a game where I played as Carthaginians on Eurasian steppe. The map lends itself for opening with CS jav cav. After an early p2 these jav cav can be supported by mercs. After some good hits on the opposing flank, I decide to research colonization and drop a cheap CC on the edge of the opposing flanks territory. That allows me to build some towers that can range the fields of my opponent. I keep producing cavalry and it is a nice game where I opened with just a single barracks and just a few fields. So it really shows you how weak your eco can look, while still being able to support 200 population.

Game2: Vaccine-poison and I are pocket players. Vaccine-poison gets rushed by a mauryan pocket player. That rush gets cleaned up, basically because we help each other and the remaining jav cav can't escape the faster spear cavalry . Knowing that the Mauryan player has probably weaker Eco, I decide to return the favour. I double down on the macedonian mercenary cavalry and have some spear cavalry as a meatshield. The maurya player loses lots of unit in the attack, and I share that information with my team. Then vaccine-poison uses that opportunity to strike for the maurya pocket again once p3 is reached. I still have the cavalry alive and we double the misery for the maurya player. In the mean time, I help my flank player with minor numbers and he is able to hold. With the Maurya player dealt with, we move to the other pocket player Havran, who has surprisingly an wonder for the extra population. I think it is nice that it shows that Macedons Merc cav can be relied on for a p2 attack and it also shows that even with alexander the great capturing the Maurya CC is still difficult.

Game 3: This is just a boom game. What is interesting is that Havran decided to build a wonder again on reaching p3. With the extra +20% population, he will be one of the most potent players in the game. I think it is an interesting strategy to go for the +20% population.

game2.zip game 3.zip Game 1.zip

Edited by LetswaveaBook
To clarify that there could some spoilers.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ lol both of you are better at rushing than booming... ;) 

@LetswaveaBook @Player of 0AD Care to play a boom contest with me? Even if you can beat my build order, there is still Havran, ChillaOfVanilla, christoffel symbol, chrstgtr, berhudar, juarca and NoobDude to steamroller you in booming if you forget to rush them. 

So, rushing is great in A25 if you encounter any of these guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

So, rushing is great in A25 if you encounter any of these guys. 

This aggression towards us is not necessary. You yourself only rushed me once, out of all of the 1v1s we played.

As you said, unfortunately, the strategy you saw from me was aimed at generating a sufficient army before 9:30, as that is the expected timing of the first attack from the very hard AI. In order to maximise population growth rate, I train very few men before 7:30, which leaves me vulnerable in the early stages. Furthermore, it relies on deleting women in late stages to free up space for champion units and siege weapons, which implies wasting resources. However, it is not necessary in a game against some AIs where the population capacity is 300, which is what I am used to. 

I also have another booming strategy which is significantly slower but is more immune to early rushes from a human player; normally I adopt this strategy for playing in the lobby. However, I know that you almost never rush, so the fastest method is worth the risk when playing a 1v1 against you. 

In conclusion, I am willing to share my strategies with anyone who is interested, however, they are not the most infallible approach to multiplayer games and the other players mentioned above are likely to be more skilled and knowledgeable than me in this respect. 

Christoffel-Symbol (Robin)

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

Another game where it shows what you can do with Kushites and Ptolemies. Ptolemies can get to p3 fast and get some siege out early.

Kushite and Ptolmaic aggression.zip 285 kB · 2 downloads

I searched for long times, but i cant find this replay. Is it 1v1? which players participate. Any organizing structure of replays? Do you play ptol to show?

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, the-x said:

I searched for long times, but i cant find this replay. Is it 1v1? which players participate. Any organizing structure of replays? Do you play ptol to show?

What you could do is move all current replays to a different folder and then have the intended replay being the only file in the folder. There are probably better methods, but I can't think of any other method that guarantees a solution for finding them.

I played a game with other good players and where I reached p2 around 6 minutes and was involved in some merc action against Vali. Aslan decides to go to phase 2 with 67 population and 55 women. When he reaches p2, he has nearly 4 stables completed and start going full cavalry archers. In the meantime vinme has 112 population and the other six players have an average of 87 population.

needsanamedotzip.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to upload some more replays.

In the first one I saw Aslan was Seleucids and estimated that he would go for an early p2 and turn to cavalry archers. He went to p2 with mostly women, no barracks at 72 population and 4 stables to create cavalry archers. That plan was ruined because I had two stables and paid him a visit before he was able to get going. So that highlights the weakness of that particular strategy of Aslan.

Thereafter we played a game on Hyrcanian Shores and that had some cavalry commitment of me and Aslan as well. We were on the same team, but we ran into Alre's spear mercenary cavalry which proved to be efficient. I struggled in that game as I was badly hit by alre for an unlucky moment, shortly after recovering I run out of wood in my territory and migrated some units to the shores to build a dock for some wood collection. In the end I had 170 women as Persians.

Cavalry arches vs. Jav Cav.zip Hyrcanian shores.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...