I hope this is our man:

woodpecker

This is great news! So it is possible for justice to be served against ddosers. It is not moral, legal or cool to ask for or conduct ddosing.

That said, I doubt that there is only one group conducting DDosS attacks. Even if there was only one group, which was punished, remember the quote, "Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom," by Thomas Jefferson and John Philpot Curran.

Basically, don't let your guard down, stay vigilant.

Nice joke, weirdJokes. ;-)

For anyone who is confused, 200 000 attacks would include attacks on a lot more systems than just 0AD and the 0AD playerbase. But yes, some of those attacks (.1% ?) likely targeted the 0AD playerbase. Therefore, some of the prison time helps seek justice for attacks on the 0AD playerbase. So yes, it seems appropriate to me, as well.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/09/2021 at 12:04 AM, Norse_Harold said:

Nice joke, weirdJokes. ;-)

For anyone who is confused, 200 000 attacks would include attacks on a lot more systems than just 0AD and the 0AD playerbase. But yes, some of those attacks (.1% ?) likely targeted the 0AD playerbase. Therefore, some of the prison time helps seek justice for attacks on the 0AD playerbase. So yes, it seems appropriate to me, as well.

wym LIKELY ? there are countless ddos services and theres just one attacker, the chance that ddoser used different service is much much bigger

2 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

How do we know that there is just one person conducting ddos attacks on 0ad players? And, how many ddos services are there? Can you show the steps to reaching these conclusions, please? What are the sources of the information?

We don't know.

The only thing we know is the less DDOS services there are the less options the DDOSer(s) ha(s/ve).

Personally, I think human-hours wasted should be rolled into the prison time.  If it exceeds a reasonable lifetime of the person, well too bad.

Edited by Dizaka

43 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I'm sorry. I really wish there was more I could do.

No worries.  It's less than before.  I think it's because of being silent and not reacting to them (whoever they are, I think I play games with them? lol).

I think silent ignorance is the best way to deal with this person and just track it on on which player it can.  Then once that player info is gathered don't react until alts are found, etc.  Anyway, I think 0ad actually heading in right direction with password games, etc, to protect from stupidity like that.