E-mail Notification Of Forum Topics And Posts Problem

Phoenix-TheRealDeal

Tim,

I wrote you some weeks ago now about it but didn't get an answer. Maybe you didn't get my message. The 'problem' for me is that I don't get e-mail notifications in a form that I can just click on the URL cited as being a new topic or a reply to a thread in a forum that I have subscribed to.

This circumstance has always been the case for this iterqation of the WFG forums, but didn't used to be the case for the 0ad forums where I spend most of my time. That started just some weeks ago.

What it entails is that when I receive an e-mail notification, then I have to:

=> highlight the URL in the body of the message,

=> copy it to the clipboard,

=>then in an active page, highlight whatever is in the address bar there,

=>paste the clipboard stored URL into that address bar,

=>and then hit GO.

When I have a dozen or more e-mail notifications backedup that I am trying to get to to read and/or reply to (because I am subscribed to quite a few forums) this constitutes an inordinately large amount of time I am spending just trying to 'get around'.

That's strange to me because otherwise we have great boards... and NO other boards that I visit nowadays that I am subscribed to do I have to do anything more than just simply click on the URL in the notification to gain direct access to the 'post' indicated.

We are all busy, and I sort of 'shined it' before when it only applied to WFG forums cuz haven't been going there (though I used to go there often to welcome new 'members' to our forums) much, less so now that harder to get to, and I thought, oh, I'll hear something back sooner-or-later, and also thought, well, maybe it is only me and is something in my own comp that isn't 'right'. You know... but it's become a real pain in the nether region AND I've recently learned that someone else is experiencing the same problem(s).

So, do ya reckon we could find a fix for that? :wine:

Cool thanks Tim! I think you fixed it. The PM notification I recieved from your PM had the correct html format and I could click the link!

I was mistaken, there wasn't any html errors on the PMs I was looking at some other emails.

[edit]

That second one for example... it didn't have any

in it so it was all just one big string in OE.

Thanks Tim ^_^

Edited for security :wine: