Did You Ever Learn To Swim?

The first time I swam was in the Mississippi river it wasn’t a pleasant experience but I will never forget it..... It all started on a day just like any other day and I decided to swim but I was scared to then a snake slithered up next to me and said, "what are you waiting for boy" then I stood there with my head down and the snake said, "what the cat got your tongue?" and I ripped that darn cat and I jumped in the river and swam. The End.

The first time I went swimming, it was in the Ocean, at Myrtle Beach. This, I don't remember, since I was too young, but my mother will forever remember it, because it was so scary for her.

Well, there was that blue ocean in front of me, and I was three year old. So, I ran into the ocean and jumped in it. This is how, it seems, I learned to swin. And I probably liked it, since I still swim. I feel in water as a fish! So... :P But that scared my mother because I never learned to swim and I was a three year old boy at that time, alone in the Atlantic! :P

The first time I swam was in the Mississippi river it wasn’t a pleasant experience but I will never forget it..... It all started on a day just like any other day and I decided to swim but I was scared to then a snake slithered up next to me and said, "what are you waiting for boy" then I stood there with my head down and the snake said, "what the cat got your tongue?" and I ripped that darn cat and I jumped in the river and swam. The End.

i have an idea, dont come on this messagebpard anymore!

I have been swimming since i was like 4. I have taken more swimming lessons then i can possibly count and have even been able to use my xtreme swimming abilities to get out of a rip current once. My friend and I were caught in a rip current and we totally out did it after about 8 minutes of non-stop fighting (My friend takes junior lifeguard and is in water polo, just to let you know). The girls next to us had to be rescued by the lifeguard. Yes, it was a rip current because i have felt tons of currents but nothing came close to that one. It was really powerful. One of the reasons i swam so much and still do is because my mom can't swim and therefore forced me to go into the water when i was young so that i wouldn't have a fear of the water like she does. My favorite place to swim though would be like Hawaii. My dad and i totally free-dived like 30-40 feet in crystal clear water and got like 4 feet from a sea turtle. I even went all out and chased a white tip reef shark to get a pic. I was like 6-8 feet from it. It was xtreme. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I've been swimming (unfortunately) since I was 10 (I'm 14 now.). And it was horrible when I first learned it.

I was abnormally scared of water. (I couldn't even take a shower properly. I needed a cap to keep te water out of my eyes.) So, as a result, I had never been in a pool before my parents eventually decided to send me to swimming lessons.

And... it wasn't too fun. I was in the lowest level (the one for 5-6 yr olds), so it was... hard.

The water was 2 feet tall at the highest.

So, when the teacher said to do a 'head bob', I had trouble. I simply couldn't get my head fully covered in water. It was too shallow. And the fact that I was still insanely scared of water didn't help.

But I eventaully/ got private lessons, so that helped.

Had those for 2 or 3 years.

Then my parents put me in a swim team so I could get excercise not only in the summer. (I am the most un-sport-ish person there is. I cannot do sports well at all, o I need it.)

Stayed there for about a year and quit. Now I'm going to public pools and swimming about 4 times a week because my parents insist on me getting some form of exercise.

I swam 50 Meters in 48 secs though.

35 seconds. :wine: