Alpha 25 is missing some CRT Dlls.

AyaBambi

Hello! I'm trying to launch this game on clear Win7 and it shows to me some .dll error. Can you tell me, do this game needs now some additional libraries such as MS VC++ packages? Because, as I remember, alpha 24 was launch without any additional 3-rd party installations. If game need them now, can you please include all right redistributable (standalone versions) packages into installer?

Edited by AyaBambi

21 minutes ago, AyaBambi said:

Hello! I'm trying to launch this game on clear Win7 and it shows to me some .dll error. Can you tell me, do this game needs now some additional libraries such as MS VC++ packages? Because, as I remember, alpha 24 was launch without any additional 3-rd party installations. If game need them now, can you please include all right redistributable (standalone versions) packages into installer?

It should not require new redistributables. Can you show me the error ?

Clear Win7x64, SP1 with just downloaded 0 A.D. here:

Sounds like: "Launch of program is imposible, because there is no api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll on the computer. Try to reinstall program."

Admin launch also brings this error. Neither game, nor Atlas working.

Spoiler

1092746770_.png.ba3fb8bc71f239dbc7cae405221c90cb.png

I hope the game will be fixed and autonomous from any redist. packages or it will be very-very sad news...

P.S: I know Win7 already end-of-support, but maybe you also should test your game at Win7x32 without any SP.

Edited by AyaBambi

42 minutes ago, AyaBambi said:

No any previous alphas, no any DX, VC++ or dotNet. And it's clear system from MS official site.

Can you try alpha24, because it has the exact same dependencies. The map editor depended on it in A24 too.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/system?rev=24937&order=date

The game doesn't use DX or dotNet.

Oh, my gosh... Fix your forum already. It's works like lottery.

Back to the our installers:

Alpha 24b is not working and pop-ups the same error. Even if I use admin rights to launch installer. I'm noticed that only alpha 23b works at clear Windows 7. I think, you really should make "virtual-boxed" sandbox with Win7 or another clear versions of other systems to test this game.

18 minutes ago, Angen said:

What do you mean by fix your forum?

I mean, that I can't login sometimes and sometimes I must log-out and log-in to make "send" button works. The verification message is also sometimes bugged and button can't be "pressed".

BTW, did anything heard about redistributable packages dependencies in 0 A.D. installer? Because, I'm sure by 99% it is VC++ error.

Edited by AyaBambi

17 minutes ago, Stan` said:

It means there is no difference on the two installers regarding dependencies...

image.png

They depend on the same dlls... if A23 installer worked for you A25 should too.

Well, than I don't know why It does not works... Maybe one of developers would test it one day... Or no. Waiting for another alpha 25b. The installer is working but game itself - don't.

Edited by AyaBambi

4 minutes ago, nwtour said:

Instruction (russian language). api-ms-win-crt-string stardart component!

https://gamesqa.ru/kompyutery/api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0-dll-10610/

As I said - it's need MSVC++ redistributable package 2015...

3 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Wait a minute the problem is not with the installer, it's with the exe....................................;

Yes. The .exe does not working. That is why I ask to put needed redists into distributive.

Edited by AyaBambi

6 minutes ago, AyaBambi said:

As I said - it's need MSVC++ redistributable package 2015...

No.
On the Internet, it is advised to etch this problem with MSVC++ - this does not mean that this file is not in the standard system
You have it somewhere lost

Edited by nwtour

3 minutes ago, nwtour said:

No.
On the Internet, it is advised to etch this problem with the help of MSVC++ - this does not mean that this file is not in the standard system
You have it somewhere lost

Well, I use license Win7 as is. Looks like this problem can't be solved without 3rd party installers...

Edited by AyaBambi

30 minutes ago, AyaBambi said:

Looks like this problem can't be solved without 3rd party installers

Try install the official windows update (should contain this file)

https://www.microsoft.com/ru-RU/download/details.aspx?id=49077
Update KB2999226
Date 15.09.2015

p.s. In 24 version spidermonkey updated to 78 version and apparently without this update it does not work now

Edited by nwtour

7 minutes ago, AyaBambi said:

you will not be able to play if you don't have VC++ on flash stick

This dependency appeared after the update third-party Spidermonkey (Mozilla Firefox JavaScript engine)...
Probably, for licensing rights, game cannot just put the dll in the installer

Edited by nwtour

5 minutes ago, nwtour said:

This dependency appeared after the update third-party Spidermonkey (Mozilla Firefox JavaScript engine)...
Probably, for licensing rights, game cannot just put the dll in the installer

Actually I'm pretty sure it does something weird when compiling on Windows ^^'