Palisade walls in neutral territory

mine_turtle

Hello, nice game you have here - been playing it on and off for a while now. Keep up the good work.

Now, the topic is about palisade walls and how the AI is not able to handle the exploit I discovered last night. Perhaps it is already familiar to you?

Anyway, you build a palisade wall in neutral territory sealing off a particular approach. The AI keeps expanding and takes over ownership of the palisade some time later. It changes from neutral to AI ownership - and the AI still keeps it intact - leaving my completely undefended approach safe forever.

Well, as long as I don't attack the wall myself - when the time is right.

- Could the AI handle this a bit better? Perhaps simply building gates in the existing walls once it assumes ownership?

• Haha 2

Well, I haven't tried surrounding the AI with palisade completely - I don't know what it would do then, but I think it's fair to assume it wouldn't touch the walls at all.

For now I am funnelling the AI to where I am prepared to fight - which I think is an unfair advantage.

Also, why doesn't the AI touch neutral walls at all - before it has had the chance to expand and take over control of it?

Can it recognize the difference between walls which are part of the map design and the ones I place as the human player?

Well, she could get rid of palisades for the time being.

No, there is no way to tell who placed structure, only who owns it. Although she could keep list of structures when game starts.

To place gates she needs to known at which segment to place them for that she needs to analyze potential paths but can't use current pathfinder because needs to act like palisades would not be there. Also there is no way for ai to know if units need to go around some wall because unitai and pathfinder does it for her.

If you feel something is unfair don't use it.

Delaying enemy units before they can reach your structures and units?

Giving more time for your range troops to shoot to the enemy?

There is not same reasoning because now enemy has to destroy them or capture by territory to get to you.

If anyone can just click at them and delete them there is no reason to invest resources to build them to begin with.

• Like 1

Oh, went I thought that "collecting" them, I didn't mean to just "delete" them. Of course, one would have to attack them first, but instead of converting them to useless debris, one could use the wood as a resource. If this doesn't make sense, no problem for me. BTW, I completely agree that good placement of wooden palisades in the right spots with archers etc. behind can help to slow down an enemy's attack and give him a really hard time.

42 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Oh, went I thought that "collecting" them, I didn't mean to just "delete" them. Of course, one would have to attack them first, but instead of converting them to useless debris, one could use the wood as a resource.

Yes, as @Stan` already wrote: that's loot.

I think palisades and walls should remain owned, else they don't fulfill their function and don't justify the cost and effort to build them.

1 hour ago, Angen said:

Delaying enemy units before they can reach your structures and units?

Giving more time for your range troops to shoot to the enemy?

There is not same reasoning because now enemy has to destroy them or capture by territory to get to you.

If anyone can just click at them and delete them there is no reason to invest resources to build them to begin with.

lol. noone suggested that.