petra_extreme

andy5995

2 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Thank you very much @andy5995, how did you tweak the resource gathering bonus for the AI? Which file and which command controls the AI's eco bonus? 

https://github.com/andy5995/petra_extreme/blob/faa5d1a086fc61af3a89dccb408ab4cfc7cc6e15/simulation/helpers/InitGame.js#L44-L48

// Sandbox, Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard, Extreme
// rate apply on resource stockpiling as gathering and trading
// time apply on building, upgrading, packing, training and technologies
let rate = [ 0.42, 0.56, 0.75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.56, 2.5 ];

let time = [ 1.40, 1.25, 1.10, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.0 ];

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Freagarach said:

We prefer to actually make the PetraAI harder by smarter, but maybe this should be included as a temporary feature. Altough I guess we should also change the construction times on extreme.

I understand everyone would prefer a smarter AI and I would do that if I could, just so you know. :)

A temporary feature? Ok, let me know if you'd like me to submit it as a patch (cc @Stan`). Me and @Jammyjamjammanhave only tested it a little, and I wasn't sure yet about what values to use for the construction time.

@CeresI'm not sure yet. ;)

• Thanks 1

@Freagarachit would be *really* nice if that rate and time value were configurable in the options. I'm not sure if that could be done though if all players had different values without causing an OOS.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be too hard. In a multiplayer game, the rate and build time specified by the host could override the values from all the clients. So basically, if a player joins the game lobby, that would be when the values get sent from the server to the client, as I see it.

Edited by andy5995

You can take a look at other numerical values (e.g. relic count). I know you can do that. :)

About including this in the main game, I'm not sure it is needed, I mean if one VH AI is too easy, one can just fight more? I have yet to see someone beating 7 teamed AIs.

9 hours ago, andy5995 said:

I understand everyone would prefer a smarter AI and I would do that if I could, just so you know. :)

Yeah, same here. ^^ I've tried a few things, but none really jumped the efficiency of her. I guess it needs more involved rewrites.

22 hours ago, Freagarach said:

About including this in the main game, I'm not sure it is needed, I mean if one VH AI is too easy, one can just fight more? I have yet to see someone beating 7 teamed AIs.

@FreagarachI usually don't play solo... me and Jammy sometimes play vs 3 or 4 VH bots or 5 med bots. But that means we can't play any skirmish maps; there are no 2v4 or 2v5 skirmish maps in the default 0ad distribution.

Also, sometimes we play with 1 or 2 other people, in which case 4 or 5 VH bots doesn't make for a challenging game.

And then there's the point @Ceresmade ;)

17 hours ago, Ceres said:

The problem on some older PCs is that the game lags when playing with too many AIs, though. But that's getting a bit OT here, sorry. ;)

@CeresI don't think it's off-topic when when a thread about a mod develops into a discussion about implementing the mod into the main code base. :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, andy5995 said:

I don't even think this mod works. After more testing, Very Hard AI vs Extreme, I'm not seeing any noticeable difference. Sometimes the VH wins, sometime the Extreme wins. Even if I change the rate of the extreme to 3.5 and build/research time to 0.5.

I think the reason might be, even though Petra has gathered resources, it does not know how to spend it properly. Therefore, we need to tweak other parameters in the attack plan.js and buildplan.js and config.js 

Another thing is, if you decrease the build time for the AI that will allow it to boom a lot faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, andy5995 said:

I don't even think this mod works. After more testing, Very Hard AI vs Extreme, I'm not seeing any noticeable difference. Sometimes the VH wins, sometime the Extreme wins. Even if I change the rate of the extreme to 3.5 and build/research time to 0.5.

Well, a 120 men strong army, including champions and siege at around 11 minutes is not something I see with VH often. ^^ The problem is _how_ she attacks and recovers from attacks, I think.