What Country/state Are You From?

Jeru :

I saw a few pictures of Tel-Aviv Jaffa. To me, this pretty looked like a North-american city. Well, I didn't feel to see pictures of a underdevelopped country. If we mostly talk of its politics, it's because that media only concentrates on this. In fact, I would like to visit the great east mediteranian cities as Tel-Aviv (Israel) and Beyrouth (Liban). They must be pretty beautiful.

In Canada, some people still think that Tokyo is a crappy ugly trashful city (like a favelas or such...). And when I hear that, I always wonder how they can think that. (When my former boss knew I was learning Japanese, he said that I should protect myself against their dishes full of *** and that it was all dirty... I was... puzzled for I knew it wasn't such!) So, I wonder what they think of Tel-Aviv, former capital of Israel.

I don't know how Beirut looks like, but Tel-Aviv is actually rather ugly at ground level, and it was never Israel's capital. (y)

There is a saying: "Jerusalem is a beautiful city with many ugly corners, and Tel Aviv is an ugly city with many beautiful corners". This is very true. Not enough is being done to clean up Jerusalem and to preserve Tel-Aviv's bauhaus architecture. The latter also unfortunately applies to Haifa; My late grandmother's bauhaus apartment building has so much potential beneath years of neglect.

Jeru :

Sorry for my mistake, but this is due to to what we learn here : that for the first years the capital was Tel-Aviv and then transferred to Jerusalem... Oh well. Montreal is also an ugly city on ground level, by some corners... But other corners are quite neat to visit.

I'm from the Netherlands...

In autumn, winter and spring we have rain :), and in summer we have fairly warm weather with the occasional thunderstorm.

It sucks.

Well the weather sucks, but Holland itself rocks :D

Anyway, I'm from Holland too, from the south, Limburg :D

And I think it rains here all year long, winter, spring, autumn AND summer. :D

Maybe you guys should all come to California. It rains here about 5 days a year and is usually always sunny. It gets hot during the summer (80-100 degrees F during the day and 60-70 degrees F at night). During the winter it can get to 60-80 degrees F in the day and 30-60 degrees F at night). Once during the winter i had ice on my grass from the morning dew. :D And like i said, it rains here about 5 days in a year. :D

But on second thought you may not want to come here on account that the real-estate is VERY EXPENSIVE. For a three to four bedroom house it costs about 500,000 - 1,000,000 US dollars. The lesser expensive two bedroom houses and such go for a slight 300,000 - 400,000 US dollars. Mkay.

I live on the central coast in New South Wales, Australia. (eastern side)

Its hot in summer (realy hot...lots of bad bushfires) and cold in summer (realy cold but only snows in a few small areas, but we make up for it in cold rain...except in drought which we are in now)

In autum and spring its more or less transitional, kind of what you expect.

Because we are in the southern hemisphere our seasons are opposite to all you northern hemisphere people.