What Country/state Are You From?

Québec, Canada

In spring, we're flooded. (about 10 to 15°C)

In summer, we're sweating. (about 25 to 30°C)

In fall, we're chilling. (about 5 to 10°)

In winter, we're freezin other snow. (-20 and -5°C)

But this is only a small overview. Between summer and fall, we have the Indian Summer, a time where it is not cold, but you feel that summer is ending. This periods ends at the first 20°C after a freezing.

In winter, we can chill down to -40 (and there's no need to say C or F, it's the same)... Or we can have 10°C. We have an odd weather in Québec.

We have plains and woods. We have the boreal Forest and the Taiga. As well, we have Tundra. Great lakes (Gouin, Mistassini, Manicouagan, Caniapiscau, Taureau, Bastakong) do we have. We also have the largest river (not the longest) of North America : the Saint-Laurent (Saint Lawrence, in English). In French, we sometimes casually call it "Le Fleuve" (the Great River). And we have dozens of great rivers. In fall, we have beautifully coloured forests. Oh... and taste Maple Syrup. 75% of the Internation production of Maple sugar is in Québec. What's left is between Ontario and the northern states of USA.

50 degrees (farenhight (however you spell that)) is where I start putting on jackets and coats.

hot is about 95, and too hot is 105.(thats why almost everyone has a pool (y))

@Dnas:

I lived in Indiana for a year or two,

the wheather is pretty bad during the rainy season, but the winter I think makes up for it with the snow.

One time we had a drift against the house about 6 or 7 feet tall which we made into a fort and had snowball fights in and around.

For those strange people that doesn't use the international measures still... hmhm... I will convert from C to F.

-40 C = -40 F (that's easy to remember)

0 C = 32 F

37 C = 100 F (not precisely, but it's close enough)

100 C = 212 F (easy one)

In fact, if you want to know a precise tempurture, he's the formula :

T(°C) / 5 * 9 + 32 = T(°F)

T(°F) - 32 / 9 * 5 = T(°C)

Here are two examples. So, today in Montreal, we will have a temperature of 24°C. So...

I say :

24 / 5 = 4,8

4,8 * 9 = 43,2

43,2 + 32 = 75,2

So, in Montreal, today, we will have 75°F.

So let's say one will have 94°F.

94 - 32 = 62

62 / 9 = 6,9

6,9 * 5 = 44,5°C

Quite high!

Dathui : Where's Linköping? South, Middle or North? Is it close to that big lake (can't tell the name, never knew)?

Asking such question reminds me visitors from Switzerland. They came my Tourist Infomation Centre and I asked, because we have to do such, where they are from. And they said Switzerland. So then, polite as I am, I asked, from which Township they were from... And they were astonished. And they said Zurich. Then, I replied center Switzerland, close to Lausanne isn't it?... They were surprised I knew that about Switzerland.

@Dnas:

I lived in Indiana for a year or two,

the wheather is pretty bad during the rainy season, but the winter I think makes up for it with the snow.

One time we had a drift against the house about 6 or 7 feet tall which we made into a fort and had snowball fights in and around.

It doesn't make up for it anymore.

We're not getting much snow now. :-(

Just enough to cover the ground to go sledding a day or two.

We do get a bunch of warnings, though.

A couple years ago, the weather people predicted an ice storm so school was canceled, but....

the ice storm never came. (y)

I live in Haifa, Israel, which has a mediterranean climate.

Israel is hardly what a lot of people stereotype it as. It's not in constant turmoil and chaos, it's not mostly populated with religious people, it's not a theocracy, it's not an underdeveloped country, etc. And there is so much more to know about this country beyond politics.

Jeru :

I saw a few pictures of Tel-Aviv Jaffa. To me, this pretty looked like a North-american city. Well, I didn't feel to see pictures of a underdevelopped country. If we mostly talk of its politics, it's because that media only concentrates on this. In fact, I would like to visit the great east mediteranian cities as Tel-Aviv (Israel) and Beyrouth (Liban). They must be pretty beautiful.

In Canada, some people still think that Tokyo is a crappy ugly trashful city (like a favelas or such...). And when I hear that, I always wonder how they can think that. (When my former boss knew I was learning Japanese, he said that I should protect myself against their dishes full of *** and that it was all dirty... I was... puzzled for I knew it wasn't such!) So, I wonder what they think of Tel-Aviv, former capital of Israel.