What Does This Mean En Francais?

:self-bash: ah I misconjugated imparfait. I knew you were just joking, but I like to ramble random stuff in French to work on my grammer. Today's thought:

Pendant/Quand? je m'asseyais sur la toilette ce matin, j'ai pensé "si mon chien ouvre la porte, je ne pourrais pas la fermer, parce qu'elle est trop loin de la toilette..." et j'ai marché à la porte et ai la fermé complètement. Bon.

Correct at will, I forgot some of my past tense direct objects over the summer. :wine:

What does "rigolo" mean?

And one more thing... how on earth do you say "definately"?

Make it two more things... is there a similair expression to "belive it or not"?

We have a rather elementary paper due soon, about any city we choose. I will post it here first to make sure it is approved by the francophones, then I will almost be assured a good grammar grade :wine:.

(beer.gif

@ AK_Thug AMish

Pendant/Quand? je m'asseyais sur la toilette ce matin, j'ai pensé "si mon chien ouvre la porte, je ne pourrais pas la fermer, parce qu'elle est trop loin de la toilette..." et j'ai marché à la porte et ai la fermé complètement. Bon.

Quand je me suis assis (passé composé here, because it doesn't take too long to sit on the toilet :( ... imparfait would more or less correspond to "I was sitting ... awkward ^_^ ) sur la toilette ce matin, j'ai pensé "si mon chien ouvre la porte, je ne pourrais pas la fermer, parce qu'elle est trop loin de la toilette ..." et j'ai marché vers (towards, rather than "to") la porte et l'ai (the pronoun refering to the door has to be placed before the auxiliary) fermée (need -e at the end, because the Object "l" is placed before the verb and conjugated with auxiliary "avoir", so the verb gets the gender and number of the object ... hence the -e ^_^ ) complètement. Bon.

@Eken132

- "rigolo" means funny ... it is a common term ...

- definitely can be translated into "vraiment" ... but not "definitivement" ... (meaning for good )

- believe it or not ... you can say ... "crois moi si tu veux" ...

hope it helps you :wine: