What Does This Mean En Francais?

The first two weeks I have worked as a building cleaner and then I went to Poland with some mates. We had a lot of fun there, with girl, beer, the sea, etc. Then the last two weeks I stayed at home, experiencing a loss in my family. I spend some time with my friends, my loved ones and in the internet doing online work.

Practising for my French class. :lol:

u mean we can translate for ya ? here goes nothing...

Durant les deux premières semaines, j'ai travaillé comme nettoyeur de batiment, par la suite, je suis allé en Pologne avec des amis. Nous nous sommes beaucoup amusés, avec des filles, de la bière, l'océan etc. Enfin, durant les deux dernières semaines, je suis resté à la maison, il y a eu un décès dans ma famille. J'ai passé du temps avec mes amis, mes êtres chers et sur internet en travaillant en ligne.

Here goes another nothing, probably worse though because I used a translation website :lol:

Les deux premières semaines j'ai travaillé comme un décapant de construction et alors j'est allé en Pologne avec quelques compagnons. Nous avons eu beaucoup d'amusement là, avec la fille, la bière, la mer, etc... Alors les deux dernières semaines je suis resté à la maison, éprouvant une perte dans ma famille. Je passe une certaine heure avec mes amis, mes a aimé ceux et dans l'Internet effectuant le travail en ligne.
Correction: Most likely worse

The first two weeks I have worked as a building cleaner and then I went to Poland with some mates. We had a lot of fun there, with girl, beer, the sea, etc. Then the last two weeks I stayed at home, experiencing a loss in my family. I spend some time with my friends, my loved ones and in the internet doing online work.

Au cours des deux premières semaine, j'ai été employé en tant que concierge et, par la suite, je suis allé en Pologne avec des amis. Nous avons eu beaucoup de plaisir là bas avec les filles, la bière, la mer etc. Les deux dernières semaines, je suis resté à la maison, ayant eu un décès dans la famille. J'ai passé du temps avec mes amis et ma famille et je me suis occupé sur Internet en faisant du travail en ligne.

(beer.gif

Well done guys ...

As for Lorian's rep, I think you should not use his translation ... a translation website is yet the worse you can get (y)

I would make some tiny corrections about akya and Yiuel's translations ...

"nettoyeur de bâtiment" seems to me more appropriate than "concierge" ... however, I do not know how to use it in Canadian-French ... In Franco-French (y) , it means "a person who is charge of a building ... like taking care of the trash, helping people out sometimes, checking who is getting in and out, etc ..."

Then, "nous avons eu beacoup de plaisir" seems a bit too "lusty" in French, knowing that "plaisir" nowadays in France is often sexually orientated. I thought akya's translation here was better in French. "Nous nous sommes beaucoup amusés" is perfect.

However, akya mentions "l'océan" in poland ... I am afraid to say Yiuel is right here ... better be "la mer".

That's it ... sorry if it's a little late. Just got back from London, and I am exhausted :(

Well, In Quebec, as for "Joualish" French, Concierge is used much more as a cleaner and "homme à tout faire" than as a watcher. In fact, it is so true that concierge is used as a word when there's a security guard. In Quebec, nowadays, Concierge is now used in two distinct meanings : the Joualish one (hence, Janitor) and something that means "a person that takes care of someone else's everyday duties". The later is a neologism not fully understood by most Quebecers.

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that in Joual, we commonly say : "On a eu beaucoup de fun." (Yeah yeah, the English word!)

In Quebec, nowadays, Concierge is now used in two distinct meanings : the Joualish one (hence, Janitor) and something that means "a person that takes care of someone else's everyday duties".

The English equivalent of the second meaning is "errand boy", i.e. someone who runs other people's errands. (This is mostly an archaic profession).

Well, in Quebec it is feeled as a neologism, because we never used that word in such way in the past! (y)

Hard to say what kind of French they would like? In fact, they will protect two languages. Their own, Joual, which is somewhat a beautiful language on its own, especially about verbs! (Shtapelle (Je t'apelle), Shtaime (Je t'aime) are common expressions) This joual contains english words (such as fun, and some other words). It is our history, it's good to understand it as well. Then, they will defend French as their standard French, that is, the French artificially created by the Government when the Tranquille Revolution went on. Well, it was rather "high-class" than "artificial", but still, it was artificially learned to the people byt the means of the official papers, TV, school etc. But it also is our language...

As for me, French is beautiful, it could be great if we could still know it in the future. But... someday... we will have to face our destiny to be as one land on one Earth... And we won't be able to pay for the thousandof languages to translate (may I remember to our Europunians the expensiveness of language translating... Only 21 languages and still climbing (Catalan isn't counted yet. But this language is spoken by millions of people in Spain)...) So... Not all to me is for French defense, but to find some way to get together without forgetting what was...

• 4 weeks later...

It was probably me, because I used to say "Je m'en fous."

Otherwise, in a "polite" situation, I wouldn't use anything as "I don't care". I would use other expressions to show that it's not important, rather then being harsh and say that I myslef don't care. It's more general. But to use such expressions, you must be used to deal with situations, there is no set sentence to say it.