3 simple ideas i would love to see in games vs the AI

Marbod

• Training and usage of Healers by the AI (AI wont train them, but even doesnt use them if i placed them from start)
  • Training and putting citizen milita who are going war into barracks long before attacking the player to have more xp and therefore strength (i think this one is not realistic to be introduced)
  • An option to get unlimited/uncapped Heroes for the AI (just not only 3)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marbod said:
  • Training and usage of Healers by the AI (AI wont train them, but even doesnt use them if i placed them from start)

I think it's difficult even for experienced players to use them effectively. And watching games of high ranked players I hardly see any healers at all. So I don't know if devs will make it a priority.

14 minutes ago, Marbod said:
  • Training and putting citizen milita who are going war into barracks long before attacking the player to have more xp and therefore strength (i think this one is not realistic to be introduced)

I too think it's not realistic. It really takes some time to level up units with buildings' training. If you currently watch AI armies switch from resource gathering to group, and then to actually attacking, it's probably a lot to ask for an even longer approach.

19 minutes ago, Marbod said:
  • An option to get unlimited/uncapped Heroes for the AI (just not only 3)

Yeah, no. I think the cap is actually one hero, and I think that's fine.

What I don't understand is why the AI doesn't use the alarm bell. They can do an annoyingly good job with retreating their soldiers into buildings, yet they always leave their women out to be killed. Neither nice nor efficient.

2 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Yeah, no. I think the cap is actually one hero, and I think that's fine.

Sorry if i didnt correctly explain. I was not thinking about the 1 hero only cap. I absolutely agree there.

I was thinking about when the third one is defeated, the AI fighting potential falls significantly because, well they cannot train more.

Even though that is a logically good thing for the game not to resurrect already dead named heroes, it would be much more challenging if at least the AI would be excluded from logic there, just for the sake of simple enhancement of difficulty besides more production %.

3 hours ago, Marbod said:

An option to get unlimited/uncapped Heroes for the AI (just not only 3)

The more sustainable option would be to retreat heavily damaged heroes.

3 hours ago, Marbod said:

Training and usage of Healers by the AI (AI wont train them, but even doesnt use them if i placed them from start)

It should use them in Regicide games, so adding the logic to "normal" matches should be possible.

2 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

What I don't understand is why the AI doesn't use the alarm bell. They can do an annoyingly good job with retreating their soldiers into buildings, yet they always leave their women out to be killed. Neither nice nor efficient.

@Angen is experimenting with that in their own AI (Kiara), so maybe they will give that power to PetraAI as well. ^^

17 hours ago, Freagarach said:

The more sustainable option would be to retreat heavily damaged heroes.

Right. That would be nice.

17 hours ago, Freagarach said:

It should use them in Regicide games, so adding the logic to "normal" matches should be possible.

Sorry, i dont know the term Regicide games.

Speaking about heroes:

Is it possible to keep a hero in the middle of an attack block? It sounds cowardly, admitted, but could be wise in a Regicide match.

If it's realistic, I don't know, but history is full of bold and also coward leaders.

If one wants to keep a hero on the middle, would this currently only be possible by micro management (quite cumbersome, if not impossible, I guess)?

Could an extra formation be added for automatic placement? I'm speaking about attacking or defensive formations, not single file or similar, of course.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.