Feldmap

Feldfeld

This mod adds the map "Mainland balanced" (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4232)

Thanks @badosu for fulfilling the community's interest in balanced maps by providing a nice bunch of balanced maps for a23 and a24

Currently, only the starting food surrounding players is modified. Also, straggler berries are not modified yet (which can lead to imbalances). And the biome only slightly affects the total amount of food, and it currently doesn't affect the berry/hunt ratio, this is something I will change later.

This removes Jungle (too laggy) and Nubia (wood too imbalanced) biomes until they get fixed.

Alpine Mountains is also included (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2830

)

The mod is now available through the in game downloader! (mod.io).

Manual download here otherwise (updated a26, current version 1.0.1):

feldmap-1.0.1.pyromod

feldmap-1.0.1.zip

a26 archive:

Old (a25 version):

Spoiler
Edited by Feldfeld
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/08/2021 at 2:03 PM, Feldfeld said:

This mod adds the map "Mainland balanced" for a25. (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4232)

Thanks @badosu for fulfilling the community's interest in balanced maps by providing a nice bunch of balanced maps for a23 and a24

Currently, only the starting food surrounding players is modified. Also, straggler berries are not modified yet (which can lead to imbalances). And the biome only slightly affects the total amount of food, and it currently doesn't affect the berry/hunt ratio, this is something I will change later.

I also removed the jungle biome, until it gets fixed, so you can pick random biome now.

)

Feel free to comment how you feel about current generation's gameplay, also you can suggest other maps that you would like to see balanced, which I might add if I'm not too lazy.

Download here:
feldmap.pyromod
feldmap.zip
Edit: for unknown reasons, I get an error uploading the zip file. Use pyromod instead

Can someone check the mod "feldmap" cause its not actual / not working today (both ways: pyromod and zip). If it works can you send me the mod folder?

3 minutes ago, the-x said:

Can someone check the mod "feldmap" cause its not actual / not working today (both ways: pyromod and zip). If it works can you send me the mod folder?

For me it works. I don't know how to send a folder with linux, but try this zip archive ;)  If that does not work neither maybe we can try a rar archive or something like this, lets see.

feldmap.zip

On 06/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, andy5995 said:

@Feldfeld, you wanna add this to cm2, or would you rather keep it separate for now?

Hi, yes feel free to add it. Also, if you can, a map preview for Alpine Mountains would be quite welcome, I tried to make one a long time ago but failed.

I don't have time now but I had the idea to also put feldmap separately on mod.io, as a convenience for online players, and as publicity for Alpine Mountains for anyone. I think people miss out with that one :)

• 6 months later...
On 27/08/2021 at 8:03 AM, Feldfeld said:

This mod adds the map "Mainland balanced" for a25. (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4232)

I also removed the jungle biome, until it gets fixed, so you can pick random biome now.

)

Feel free to comment how you feel about current generation's gameplay, also you can suggest other maps that you would like to see balanced, which I might add if I'm not too lazy.

Download here:
feldmap.pyromod
feldmap.zip
Edit: for unknown reasons, I get an error uploading the zip file. Use pyromod instead

Pyromod doesn't let me open file from Explorer. Other one - like stated above - is not found. Help.

8 hours ago, SneakEP said:

Pyromod doesn't let me open file from Explorer. Other one - like stated above - is not found. Help.

Use the zip @Player of 0ADposted here:

On 02/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, Player of 0AD said:

For me it works. I don't know how to send a folder with linux, but try this zip archive ;)  If that does not work neither maybe we can try a rar archive or something like this, lets see.

feldmap.zip 28 kB · 79 downloads

• Feldfeld changed the title to Feldmap a26
On 27/08/2021 at 8:03 AM, Feldfeld said:

)

Download here (updated a26):

feldmap.pyromod 26 kB · 2 downloads

feldmap.zip 26 kB · 3 downloads

Old (a25 version):

i don't see this one on my mod lists after i do the zip. (autociv worked) help?

5 hours ago, SneakEP said:

i don't see this one on my mod lists after i do the zip. (autociv worked) help?

Try to make it so it has a similar folder structure as other mods. So a folder named "feldmap", and immediately after there should be a mod.json file. Alternatively try the pyromod installation (drag and drop the file to 0AD shortcut to start the game)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Feldfeld said:

Try to make it so it has a similar folder structure as other mods. So a folder named "feldmap", and immediately after there should be a mod.json file. Alternatively try the pyromod installation (drag and drop the file to 0AD shortcut to start the game)

You can also drag and drop on the running game :)

• Thanks 1

On 26/09/2022 at 2:11 AM, Feldfeld said:

thank you. got it to work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rm -rf said:

Would you mind adding feldmap as top dir in your next archives? It prevents zip bombs and eases the overall operations.

I don't understand, the mod structure is correct for installation, you should just drag and drop on 0 A.D.

@Stan`yes maybe now. As for a25, I manually unarchived it in ~/.local/share/0ad/mods/feldmap. As far as I remember they were no other choice.

Else agree pyromod may ask you to put mod.json, etc. directly under root. You know that far better than me :)

Edited by rm -rf

18 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

@Stan`yes maybe now. As for a25, I manually unarchived it in ~/.local/share/0ad/mods/feldmap. As far as I remember they were no other choice.

Else agree pyromod may ask you to put mod.json, etc. directly under root. You know that far better than me :)

Actually it was the case for A25 and maybe A24 too :) At least now you know you shouldn't extract it :) 

Pyromod should do the mod.json installation by itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Please consider removing "IgnoreIncompatibilityChecks" in mod.json for feldmap. It has an unintended side effect of not ensuring that players are using the same version of the mod. This can lead to game crashes or OOS errors at seemingly random times if players have different versions, which is very common.

I explain here the importance of this. It would help with the troubleshooting process of frequent disconnections and crashes lately.

Thanks.

• Feldfeld changed the title to Feldmap