• Zhangye
    • Zhang of Han
    • Zama
    • Zagreo
    • Zhuge Liang
    • Zeta

This poll is closed to new votes

38 分钟前,Genava55 说:

你完全误解了他的观点以及我为什么给你发这个视频。 您提到了在乌克兰的俄罗斯社区及其亲属乌克兰人,我在您的留言中专门引用了这部分内容。 肯尼亚大使的讲话专门讨论了这种民族团结的想法。

我认为你低估了正在发生的事情,你认为这只是肤色的问题。 它不是。 如果是中国入侵台湾,全世界的反应都会是一样的。

No, I didn't misunderstand, what I wanted to say was.
With Zelensky acting as a pawn in NATO, how can national unity be achieved? Ukraine used to be a peaceful country, close to Russia and close to Europe. But that all changed after 2014, when the legitimate President Yanukovych was overthrown by a coup. The political situation that followed left Ukraine with no choice but to turn to the west. The new government went against the wishes of the people in the east and south. The seeds of division had already been planted. Today, in the eighth year of the war, there is no talk of methods of national unity. Will NATO promise Ukraine to be as peaceful as it was before 2014? No, NATO will not agree. The American government have long thought about sacrificing Ukraine and pitting Russia and Ukrainians against each other in the conflict, so that he can profit from it.
In addition, Taiwan is not a sovereign country, please don't compare it with Ukraine, most of the residents on this island are not aborigines but Chinese immigrants. The remnants of the counter-revolutionary military government, who had committed various massacres against humanity in mainland China, fled to the island in 1949. If it wasn't for the U.S. Seventh Fleet to stop them, the CPLA would have eliminated them in the 1950s to achieve regional peace. But until now, this island has still become one of the pillars of the US Asia-Pacific strategy to achieve the purpose of blocking and restricting China's development. Until 2015, the U.S. military still wanted to wage war against China in the South China Sea, based on the advantages they had in the Pacific. You can't ask imperialism for peace, China won't trust the US that brings its fleet to its doorstep, and the Russians won't trust NATO trying to make Ukraine a member.

Edited by AIEND
  • Thanks 2

13 分钟前,Genava55 说:

哈哈。 祝你好运,以这种态度令人信服。

Honestly, I really don't want to talk about politics, people with different positions may be arguing forever.
I originally started this page to recommend a new name with a historical background for the next alpha. We should talk more about the 0 AD game itself, after all the next alpha is going to join the Han Dynasty and not Ukraine, no?

Edited by AIEND
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Stan` Please move the derailed posts to the off-topic section. Please, no modern politics in a 0A.D discussion. Speculating about Mainland China and Taiwan is not any more reliable nor productive than Smurf speculation!

Since Ukraine, Putin, Taiwan and CCP did not exist in the Han Dynasty, pls don't talk about them here. 

About naming, I think Zeta and ZhangQian are good names. 

Edited by Yekaterina

The point isn't about picking sides. Its more "does this warrant a FOSS game breaking conventions to do something unprecedented solely based on recency bias?". Especially when its going to stick forever. Why exactly does current events make it necessary to break a long running theme?

4 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

pls don't talk about them here.

Since the discussion is about names and justification of why said names either are valid or invalid, I would think its relevant here. The thread is after all, name suggestions. Zelensky is a suggestion and the discussion is about how appropriate it would be.

1 minute ago, smiley said:

Zelensky is a suggestion and the discussion is about how appropriate it would be.

Zelensky can be a suggestion, but the stuff about China vs Taiwan is absurd and irrelevant.

Also I think Zelensky is a bad idea because he was born in 1978, almost 2000 years away from the time period we are concerned with. Furthermore, the political implications... it would suggest that the 0A.D community and WFG are supporting 1 political figure, which is not an accurate reflection of what many players think, nor is it beneficial for anyone, especially considering players who are located in countries where the mainstream view is different from yours. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

it would suggest that the 0A.D community and WFG are supporting 1 political figure, which is not an accurate reflection of what many players think, nor is it beneficial for anyone, especially considering players who are located in countries where the mainstream view is different from yours. 

This is why I suggested something more neutral here, trying to find a compromise.

I don't think the point is to pick a side, the point is voicing our opinion against a war that can lead to an escalation. 

Just now, AIEND said:

I think voting options should be grouped, for example, people want to vote for Han Dynasty related names. The votes for the names related to the Han Dynasty should be collected and counted first, and then we should discuss which one is more popular. Otherwise, the votes will be too scattered. At present, the total number of votes for Han Dynasty-related names adds up to the highest, but this does not seem obvious.

Yeah I agree. The current state of the poll is messy.

Edited by Genava55

27分钟前,叶卡捷琳娜说:

@Stan` 请将出轨的帖子移至题外话部分。 拜托,0A.D讨论中没有现代政治。 对大陆和台湾的炒作,并不比蓝精灵炒作更可靠、更有效!

由于汉朝不存在乌克兰、普京、台湾和中共,请不要在这里谈论它们。 

关于命名,我觉得Zeta和张倩都是好名字。 

I think voting options should be grouped, for example, people want to vote for Han Dynasty related names. The votes for the names related to the Han Dynasty should be collected and counted first, and then we should discuss which one is more popular. Otherwise, the votes will be too scattered. At present, the total number of votes for Han Dynasty-related names adds up to the highest, but this does not seem obvious.

• Like 1

I suggest Zapata!

I wanted to vote for 'Zen', as it was suggested, but realized it's not on this messy list; not so much because this alpha again teaches us patience by waiting for it, but because it is a well known word the world over. I went for Zhang Qian then instead (again, expecting the Han to be included).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suggested Zelensky couple of weeks ago not as political agenda, purely to recognize the guy’s confidence and leadership. I have no horse in this fight. 

Fair point that he is not at all the game’s timeline, can’t refute that. 

But for those who get political and start talking about what he’s done or could do in the future, let’s not pretend like most of the past emperors, kings, etc have a spotless record…. They all have tons of blood and suffering on their hands yet get idolised across society and history books. I thought naming the new alpha after Zelensky could be a nice hommage to someone who arguably changed modern international politics (with the safety net of the west). Just my 2cts. Been playing the game for 5 years and will still play even if it’s called after Zrump. 

• Like 3

Z is used on both sides of the current conflict. One is a music video dancer/actor in stiletto the other painted on first wave cavs.

I propose Ω (alphabet: base 26, greek: base 24) to celebrate a26 as it is inline with the "math language", (binary, base 16) of computing that the developers/volunteers use.

Or just use Zeus since it's highest voted; we orderly stick with the official poll result as all parties intended.

Edited by PrincipalityOfZeon
grammer

On 13/03/2022 at 7:18 AM, breahm123 said:

Been playing the game for 5 years and will still play even if it’s called after Zrump. 

'Zrump' sounds interesting. Unfortunately a search only brings up another contemporary politician I would not like as the next alpha's namesake. ;)

1 hour ago, PrincipalityOfZeon said:

Or just use Zeus since it's highest voted; we orderly stick with the official poll result as all parties intended.

Yeah, this is not really a democracy; we'll be heard for consideration, but that's it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Stan` unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

I have got the suggestion for 27-th alpha's name: Αμέθυστος - the name comes from the Koine Greek αμέθυστος amethystos from α- a-, "not" and μεθύσκω (Ancient Greek) methysko / μεθώ metho (Modern Greek), "intoxicate", a reference to the belief that the game stone protected its developers owner from drunkenness weird graphical decisions.

Edited by Aristippus of Cyrene