• Zhangye
    • Zhang of Han
    • Zama
    • Zagreo
    • Zhuge Liang
    • Zeta

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I'm sorry I'm not from the development group if it was the name of a country ok, but a name of a politician?? Would the next one be Binden?

In this case it is to support a nation being attacked by another and showing a pacific form of protestation as did thousands of sport federations, sportsmen/athletes, companies etc.

31 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Imagine if in two months Zelensky authorizes the killing of prisoners of war?

Fair point. Zelensky is more often on the moderate side, he tried to make compromises with the separatists, even up to grant autonomy to the Donbass. I don't see him ordering such things but who knows the future.

Maybe a word in Ukrainian or a historical reference from Ukrainian history ?

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genava55 said:

In this case it is to support a nation being attacked by another and showing a pacific form of protestation as did thousand of sport federations, sportsmen/athletes, companies etc.

Fair point. Zelensky is more often on the moderate side, he tried to make compromises with the separatists, even up to grant autonomy to the Donbass. I don't see him ordering such things but how knows the future.

Maybe a word or a historical reference from Ukrainian history ?

We could even start a peaceful discussion here, citing other countries that are being attacked and destroyed with the support of the same ones that today condemn Russia, there are no saints and geopolitics and powers at war who will only suffer will be the people of the countries in conflict. And of course, on sacred European soil, every drop of blood weighs far more than anywhere else in the world. But the most important argument has already been cited here:

9 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Definitely not 'Zelensky'. No relation to 0AD's time period.

• Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Lopess said:

And of course, on sacred European soil, every drop of blood weighs far more than anywhere else in the world.

It is. Not because the Europeans worth more than any other human beings but simply because this is the place where superpowers could potentially start a fight that even someone at the other side of the Earth doesn't want to see.

Do not underestimate what's going on.

27 minutes ago, Genava55 said:

You would prefer Zarubintsy just to be in 0AD's time period?

Better, although we don't have a civ in the game representing them.

If the Han are included in a26 (which I guess they will) then I'd vote for a term relating to them. (The Han could also be politicized in current contexts.)

6 小时前,Genava55 说:

我投票给泽连斯基 

This is not good, it has nothing to do with the ancient history of the 0ad background, and the new faction that the next Alpha will join. And you have to know that a lot of people hate a politician who keeps neo-Nazi soldiers under his command and condone their massacre of their own people. There is no point in bringing this kind of political controversy to the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, AIEND said:

And you have to know that a lot of people hate a politician who keeps neo-Nazi soldiers under his command and condone their massacre of their own people.

Zelensky is jewish in case you didn't know. He lost family members during the Holocaust. Under his government, Ukraine passed a law punishing antisemitism. The problem of neo-nazi soldiers is limited to the Azov regimen which is complex because it initially involved a private paramilitary structure. Its integration into the military isn't due to Zelensky. Maybe you are not used to this, but a president didn't have all power and authority on its people and Zelensky cannot dissolves a regimen by snapping its fingers.

But honestly this bullshit about neo-nazi is silly, it is a minority even among members of the Azov regimen. I don't think there is more nazi among Ukrainian army than there is among Russian one. 

15 hours ago, Genava55 said:

Maybe a word in Ukrainian or a historical reference from Ukrainian history ?

збере́ження (zberéžennja) or preservation/conservation/saving/safeguarding, it can be used in different context.

Otherwise there is Mykola Zerov, a writer and poet. http://www.encyclopediao@#$%raine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages\Z\E\ZerovMykola.htm

Edit: the other alternative is making an official statement instead of naming the alpha.

Edited by Genava55

That's all well and good, but there have been numerous massacres, conflicts and human suffering within recent memory even if they don't exactly dominate the news.

What's the criteria for being mentioned in the title?

Rockets literally fly into hospitals and apartments annually on the West Bank. Anyone still remembers Yemen and Syria? Whatever happened in Myanmar? What has Columbia gone through? The list is so long it's @#$%ing depressing.

Suffering does not discount suffering. But acknowledging one while ignoring everything else, is doing the same, especially when more people have died and are dying elsewhere.

I propose maintaining the status quo just like we have done so in the past with wars and conflicts that have had much more casualties.

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, smiley said:

That's all well and good, but there have been numerous massacres, conflicts and human suffering within recent memory even if they don't exactly dominate the news.

Rockets literally fly into hospitals and apartments annually on the West Bank. Anyone still remembers Yemen and Syria? Whatever happened in Myanmar? What has Columbia gone through? The list is so long it's @#$%ing depressing.

Suffering does not discount suffering. But acknowledging one while ignoring everything else, is doing the same, especially when more people have died and are dying elsewhere.

I propose maintaining the status quo just like we have done so in the past with wars and conflicts that have had much more casualties.

Yemen War vs Arabian Saudi.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/12/1078972

but It is not of interest to US American or Europeans.

They probably don't know that this is one of the worst crises in the world.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

I'm a bit worried about making such a political statement and I'd like other members of the team to join in the discussion.

I would like to see the bylaws say neither 0ad, pyrogenesis nor wfg shall be used for politics in any form or shape. The SPI likely doesn't want to see it's members pulling political stunts either for the sake of avoiding controversies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genava55 said:

如果你不知道,泽连斯基是犹太人。 他在大屠杀期间失去了家人。 在他的政府领导下,乌克兰通过了一项惩罚反犹太主义的法律。 新纳粹士兵的问题仅限于复杂的亚速方案,因为它最初涉及私人准军事结构。 它融入军队并不是因为泽连斯基。 也许你不习惯这一点,但总统并没有对其人民拥有所有权力和权威,泽连斯基不能通过打响指来解散一个政权。

但老实说,这种关于新纳粹的废话是愚蠢的,即使在亚速政权的成员中也是少数。 我不认为乌克兰军队中的纳粹分子比俄罗斯军队中的纳粹分子多。 

Yet Zelensky did not really strive for peace, we still see the bombed Donbass (where the war has been going on for 8 years instead of days), and the constant closeness to NATO And the Ukrainian army, which has re-armed with this, was not traced back to the people involved in the Odessa massacre in 2014.
Honestly, those of us who live on the eastern end of Eurasia don't care if Zelensky is Jewish or not, because the real people involved in the Ukraine crisis are the Russians, who make up 17% of the country's population, and their relatives and friends - Ukraine people.

Edited by AIEND
  • Like 1

1小时前,笑脸说:

这一切都很好,但是在最近的记忆中发生了无数的屠杀、冲突和人类苦难,即使它们并没有完全占据新闻的主导地位。

标题中提及的标准是什么?

火箭实际上每年都会飞入约旦河西岸的医院和公寓。 有人还记得也门和叙利亚吗? 缅甸发生了什么? 哥伦比亚经历了什么? 清单太长了,@#$%ing 令人沮丧。

苦难并不贬低苦难。 但是,承认一个人而忽略其他一切,也是如此,尤其是当更多的人已经死亡并且正在其他地方死亡时。

我建议保持现状,就像我们过去在战争和冲突造成更多伤亡时所做的那样。

At the same time as Russia and Ukraine have clashed, Saudi Arabia is bombing Yemen, the United States is bombing Somalia, and Israel is bombing Syria. Why hasn't anyone mentioned these? God darn it, isn't the suffering of the third world worthy of sympathy and attention?

• Like 1

45 分钟前,hyperion 说:

我希望看到章程规定 0ad、pyrogenesis 和 wfg 均不得以任何形式或形式用于政治。 SPI 可能不希望看到其成员为了避免争议而进行政治噱头。

I agree with Lu Xun, a modern Chinese writer, who said: "The joys and sorrows of human beings are not connected with each other, I just think they are noisy", since no one cares about the suffering that occurs outside the West. Since people all over the world are fighting over different standards of justice. Then we have to avoid this kind of political maelstrom in a game that the whole world can experience.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AIEND said:

Honestly, those of us who live on the eastern end of Eurasia don't care if Zelensky is Jewish or not, because the real people involved in the Ukraine crisis are the Russians, who make up 17% of the country's population, and their relatives and friends - Ukraine people.

1 minute ago, Genava55 said:

I can tell you that I watched this talk the first day it was released. But for us, this is nonsense, can talking about love and peace out of thin air stop imperialist wars? Has what happened in Syria, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Yemen, in Somalia, in Libya stopped?
If you really want to issue a manifesto, please do so for Syria, which has been at war for 11 years, for Palestine, for Yemen, and for Somalia, not for Zelensky.

• Like 1

Just now, AIEND said:

I can tell you that I watched this talk the first day it was released. But for us, this is nonsense, can talking about love and peace out of thin air stop imperialist wars? Has what happened in Syria, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Yemen, in Somalia, in Libya stopped?
If you really want to issue a manifesto, please do so for Syria, which has been at war for 11 years, for Palestine, for Yemen, and for Somalia, not for Zelensky.

You have entirely misunderstood his point and why I sent you this video. You mentioned the Russian community in Ukraine and their relatives the Ukrainians, I have specifically quoted this part from your message. The speech from the Kenyan ambassador specifically deals with this idea of ethnic unity.

1 hour ago, smiley said:

I think you are underestimating what's going on and you are thinking it is only a matter of skin color. It is not. If it was China invading Taiwan, it would have been the same worldwide reaction.

• Like 1

This entire conflict is about where NATO gets to draw it's border. Which is also why every other country in it has committed to keeping boots off the ground and not being directly involved.

What exactly am I underestimating here? Nuclear war? Who will risk nuclear war over Ukraine? This has been seen coming since 2014. The motive is clear.

Two nuclear states have been fighting over territory for years already. It escalated into airstrikes and guns being fired across the border just recently in 2019. Truthfully, I am more worried about that because the fate of the world is on two nations who hate each other held back just by mutually assured destruction. This has been the closest situation to a nuclear war ever since Cuban missile crisis. And just to mix it up, let's get China and their arsenal in there too so we get the full Asian experience.

We didn't do anything then and we shouldn't do anything now. Seems like you are underestimating what has been going on already.

So what exactly am I missing here?

• Stan` unpinned this topic