Which One Do You Prefer? The Hustle And Bustle Of City Life.

I prefer livin' in the 'burbs.

1) Driving in big cities like Minneapolis is just annoying.

2) You actually have a backyard, as opposed to cramped (most of the time anyways) houses packed next to eachother in the big cities.

3) You can have bondfires in your yard without having to buy permits

4) You can go to the cites anytime you want and still do whatever.

I live in the suburbs and it's pretty nice, but I just a few days ago got back froma two week excursion backpacking in the mountains out west (except if you live in California) in the US. I didn't enter a building (save one log cabin) for two weeks. I was outdoors so long that it didn't even feel like outdoors anymore. I actually started to like it. Apart from my computer, it's a good way of life. There's a quote I heard out there that's kind of interesting:

"Civilization is a nice place to visit, but I'd never wanna live there"

This was said by someone who lived out there for IDK how long.

Well for a region like Flanders it's hard to say if you live on the country side, suburbs or a city since the whole region is covered with houses. According to Flemish standards I live on the country side and I wouldn't want to change that. During the school period I live in a city and it's much less enjoyable.

Living on the country side in Flanders also has the advantages of living in a city; everything is pretty close, the closest town is around 5km and the closest big city around 18km. So if you have car you can enjoy the benifits of both the country side and the city :P

lets hear it for the 'burbs of chicago. live within 20 minutes of the city and a half hour of the country so it's the perfect median. it would be nicer to get out into the country for some easier running though...but i am fascinated with the city and how it manages to keep itself in working order. :lol:

Well, I have corn fields on one side of my house (corn fights anyone?) and developments on the other. It's nice and quiet in the country, unless of course the forge is burnin' and the blacksmiths are hammerin' :lol:

I think I'm gonna go to college in the city though, I just came back from Atlanta and if you get past the horrible traffic and heat, its pretty cool (especially midtown where GT is).