What's Your Position On Capital Punishment?

Capital punishment...hmmm I'll raise some questions first :P

1) criminals...do they deserve death ?

2) can we really applie the an eye for an eye rule ?

3) isn't it murder after all (by the State), even though we use a different term for it ?

4) what happens when an innocent is put to death because we erred in our judgement ? can it be accepted ?

5) I've heard that it takes alot more money to put someone to death compared to keep him in a cell for the rest of his life, what's the economical factor ?

6) Can the death of a murderer really ease the victim's close friends/parents/husband/children hurt ?

I'll post what I think about it later :P

I agree with Amy and SoggyFrog.

Death doesn't resolve the problem of crime. It usually makes it worse: since criminals know they risk death punishment, they are less prone to refrain from very violent acts (rape, murder, and the rest), at least this is what i read in a Scientific American issue some time ago. And there is still the fact that you cannot correct your ecision if it is proven that the judgement was wrong...

..rehabilitation should be the right path, the problem is that i do not know many states that organized good rehabilitating drills for prisoners...

BTW: this should stay in the HoI indeed, imho... :P