[Feature request for shortcuts] - Automatic division of the max number of trainable soldiers by the number of barracks selected

Jofursloft

This is a small feature I think players who use the shortcut SHIFT + Z,X,C,V... could benefit from. 

I find that when I use this shortcuts and I have not enough time to see how many resources I have happens what is showed in the video.

(The video is obviously taken to the extreme thanks to the cheat "gift from the gods")

The barrack automatically divides the number of soldiers I would like to train (but I can't because of resources lack) into the number of barracks I am training them with (in this case divides 1914/3=637), which becomes 637+637=1274, but one barracks ultimately doesn't train soldiers at all. Being 1860 the limit number of units to train whith my resources, I would like it to become automatically 620+620+620.

I think that this feature would help all that players who use shortcuts in all that stresfull situations in which you cannot select precisely the number of soldiers to train from multiple barracks. 

Edited by Jofursloft
  • Like 3

Why are you trying to queue number of units for which you dont have resources for in a first place?

It is telling you that you will not be able to train them so why not lower the number where you can allow that?
Technically it should not allow you to train them at all, since you cant afford the numbers you are asking as it is for training in single structure.

46 minutes ago, Angen said:

Why are you trying to queue number of units for which you dont have resources for in a first place?

Because it can happen in situations in which you have to do that really fast because of pressure. For example 1) when you are microing a fight and you need to train more soldiers 2) when you are under a rush. In these cases if you are a good player unless you are in late game it's rare you have a large amount of resources (so maybe you have to train from 5 barracks when you have like 400 food/wood resources). In addition, after minute 10 I practically never train units one by one, I only train in bunches of 2/3 units (which make this happen a lot).

I'm talking about high level matches with 1400+ ranked players. 

Edited by Jofursloft

2 hours ago, Angen said:

It is telling you that you will not be able to train them so why not lower the number where you can allow that?
Technically it should not allow you to train them at all, since you cant afford the numbers you are asking as it is for training in single structure.

It happens a lot (at least to me) when you batch increment is 5 units for each click and you can't get the exact amount to match the resources needed, what I would expect expect from an UI standpoint is to get the production units capped to the max resources you have (an evenly distributed as @Jofursloft said). This also happens when you try to send resources to another player, if you surpass the max amount of resources you have then it doesn't send anything instead of just sending the maximum possible you have.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment

• Like 3

9 hours ago, alre said:

I'm not sure I understand. what you are asking is the game to behave differently if you use the keyboard shortcut respect to when you use the related command on the GUI?

I am not sure that "related command on the GUI" = manually clicking the icon of the soldier you want to train.

In this case no, I am asking the exact opposite. I want the game to behave the same. When I manually click on the icon of the soldier I want to train the game just doesn't allow me to do it (so if I am training with 5 barracks and I have 400 food/wood res the barracks will automatically train 1 soldier from each. What happens if I use the shortcut is expressed above.