Prefered Long-Distance Chatting Method

Yesterday, my Dad was pesterring me to download some software so that we could actually talk to each other via the Internet and not have to type. Of course, I was not that euthastic like he was, for frankly I don't like speaking, for I don't have the best understandable voice in the world. I think that typing makes your thoughts clearer, plus people can't know you're stumbling. :)

Thus, this poll. What method of talking do you prefer and why? :)

You mean like Internet phone? Or VoIP or something? Anyone with slow internet (hint, hint - me) will definately prefer IM. Phone's too distorted, and you can give files and stuff over IM as well. Letters are way too slow, and typing is faster than writing (for most people).

I'd go with IM. Talk to like 7 people at once and since most of my friends type slower than I do, I can maintain those conversations. Plus, like Randy said, you have more time to often think about what you're gonna say, and it's easier on the hands than writing, as well as faster. Voice things online can be a mess with a lot of people, and if you're using them for like business reasons, trying to save a half hour conversation sound file is gigantic (unless it's MIDI :)) compared to a text doc of a half hour's conversation. Well all this I've said is assuming you can't to the person face to face, that's always the best way. And up until 100 years ago, that's aobut the only way it was done (there were letters, but you couldn't have conventional conversation with them).

I was not that euthastic like he was, for frankly I don't like speaking, for I don't have the best understandable voice in the world.

Really? Why ?

Anyway, i like both, when talking to friends in the neighboorhood i like phone, but long distance (as this topic is) i like IM :)

so it was that one :)