0 A.D Alpha 25 Bugs discussion

The-Razeth

I am a fanatic player of 0 AD, a game very well made taking into account that it is in Alpha mode, when I found out about the new update I downloaded it, for when I wanted to play I got the error: api-ms-win-crt-string- l1-1-0.dll

Taking into account that this problem is due to the fact that such a file has to be corrupt or missing from my computer, I would like to be corrected in case of being wrong, and take advantage of this discussion to highlight new errors and find a solution in this new update.

Also keep in mind before posting an error in this discussion, read the topic posted by the staff 
Edited by The-Razeth
It was published to me by accident before I even finished it

Hi @The-Razeth

Thanks for the report. Does it also happens with 0 A.D: Empires Ascendant Alpha24 ?

If so, you can either download the following redistributable → https://www.microsoft.com/pt-BR/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Either @wraitii or Mozilla introduced an incorrect dependency when building Mozilla SpiderMonkey, forcing that dependency. It's unlikely it'll be fixed by the re-release.

To fix this Firefox copies the dll manually in their folders...

image.png

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

Hi @The-Razeth

Thanks for the report. Does it also happens with 0 A.D: Empires Ascendant Alpha24 ?

If so, you can either download the following redistributable → https://www.microsoft.com/pt-BR/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Either @wraitii or Mozilla introduced an incorrect dependency when building Mozilla SpiderMonkey, forcing that dependency. It's unlikely it'll be fixed by the re-release.

To fix this Firefox copies the dll manually in their folders...

image.png

Yes, I downloaded the dll file but now I have another problem: The Application could not be started correctly (0xc000007b).Click OK to close it

I will have to download Visual C ++ again, but it is strange to me that it happened to me in this version and not in the previous ones, maybe it is because of the implementation of new graphics or something related

Thank you for assisting me!

• 3 months later...
Just now, Player of 0AD said:

Units standing on walls dont get targeted automatically, it seems like one has to target them manually.

Units standing on Iberian gate-towers seem to be non-targetable at all.

It seems that they have been like this for a while, I do not know if it's on purpose.

I have been seeing this bug for a long time.

14 minutes ago, Silier said:

Hmm, yeah.
Did not try with javelins. Their attack range is too short to overcome height difference for units on the gate.
And yes, I tested with archers they attacked automaticaly units on the walls.

Are you sure?  The unit on the wall gets a 14m range bonus, but the skirmishers have 30m range. Is the range malus higher than the range bonus?

And the skirmishers can attack units on the gate, as long the units dont stand on the towers. But they dont target them automatically

• 1 month later...

Encouraged by Valihrant's recent video of The White Cliffs of Dover, I been having a lot of fun with the map.

Tonight my sword cavalry was capturing a tower on the edge of the cliffs, when an invading ship on the shoreline slid over the beach, up to the top of the cliff and proceeded to attack my soldiers.  They appreciated the ship's efforts but still felt the need to destroy it.  A minor issue to be sure but one of considerable amusement. :victory:

• 1 month later...