Civic Center Starting placement

TheSpoicyBoi

So I've been playing the game for awhile now and I don't know if this is a feat or not but I wish we had an easier option on moving where our starting position is, and to see in the lobby where specifically we're going to be placed so we don't have to keep wondering until the game loads. If there is a way to find out before the game loads please let me know. 

For Skirmish maps and Scenario maps, the map is identical every game: all entities are placed at the exact same locations. All you need to do is start a game with revealed map option turned on, take a good look at the map and remember the key information. 

For Random maps, as the name suggests, all resources and players are located randomly, so there is no way to predict the layout or change it. However, for Mainland, all players are placed equally spaced along the outer edge of the circular map, and allies are grouped together (these are facts). You may ask your teammates to flare their locations immediately after the map loads, but there is no way to determine the exact locations of each enemy without some scouting. This is likely to be a part of the game's design to make reconaissance more important. 

You may ask your players or host to turn on the explored map option, although I suspect most rated games or team games don't allow that. Most people prefer scouting to knowing everything before the game starts. 

I hope that helped. :)