Suggestion: Add Judea as a Faction

Lightning38

Hey greetings, been following the development for some time thinking Judea would get features sooner or later its been a few years and it looks like its as good as a time as ever with the corona thing and all with people having more time at home to develop ideas...

We already have Judean slingers, let's take it further. It's in the name of the game the Second Temple came to its conclusion about after 0 AD and its entire siege defence scenario was taking place during this time. 

Judea could be unique with a new house mechanic. Every house gets to randomly become a house of one of the 12 tribes of Jacob. For example the first house build would be a house of Levy and Levy heroes could be build from it, second house build would rng into Benjamin's house which could build special slingers with more range. It will be a nice change from the usual cookie cutter mechanics.

The wonder would naturally be the Great Temple and it would have to be pretty large and revealed, conferring a huge bonus to melee damage and ranged damage.

What does everyone think? What other unique features could a Judea faction have? Judea as a faction is seldom features in rts games and when it does get features they are usually an underdog. Perhaps we can improve on that?

18 minutes ago, Lightning38 said:

randomly

hmm, I think player selection allows for more skill here, assuming the different houses are properly balanced. I am assuming that these houses should probably be more expensive, like a merger of a barracks and house the size of the Carthaginian "apartment building". Perhaps Judeans could only train one unit from cc and unlock others by building houses. Perhaps even next phases could unlock new choices for houses.

I think it is a great Idea and it is something refreshing and exciting. After a major period of time working on unit/siege balance, graphics, and gameplay mechanics, many people are in favor of adding civilization and unit differentiation to make the game more exciting and fun.

I think there is already a thread somewhere about Judeans and there have been some wild ideas, like making a Jesus hero.

23 minutes ago, Lightning38 said:

Judea could be unique with a new house mechanic.

Judea is the name of the Roman province. There were the Hasmonean Kingdom or the Herodian Kingdom as independent states. Or else it should be a generic Judeans.

28 minutes ago, Lightning38 said:

Every house gets to randomly become a house of one of the 12 tribes of Jacob.

I am not sure if this is historical for this time period. The twelves tribes are mostly a founding myth more than a reality. It could have a random tribal system but maybe not as a strict reference to the myth.

5 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I think there is already a thread somewhere about Judeans and there have been some wild ideas, like making a Jesus hero.

I want Jesus as a hero and I want a special death animation for him.

Enjoying this so far however here are a few small things that if fixed could bring this into being.

The corral allows the faction to make pigs. The light hoursemen is standing on his horse. The companion cav is fine though nothing over the top. The Temple seems to have some zoroitian symbols on it(the thing with wings)? The healer from the temple looks like a generic one as well not covering his shoulder and without some sort of headwear.

Edited by Lightning38