A25 Release Bug reports

Yekaterina

This thread is for reporting technical bugs that you have encountered in A25 while playing on the release version. 

Here is an example of a bug I encountered:

image.png.8e953691ac1ba7c4e07944272f0a7d84.png

The player called nisefuchi asked to spec so I replaced his slot with a Petra Bot, and tried to start a 3v2 game with the following arrangement:

Team 1: Yekaterina + duck...

Team 2: GeneHa + Rarius + Petra (Very Hard Random)

Specs: nisefuchi

The game crashed with this error, after I clicked the start button (which was available at the time). It crashed at the loading screen and did not even manage to generate a replay file. 

I had Autociv mod on. 

53 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

This thread is for reporting technical bugs that you have encountered in A25 while playing on the release version. 

Here is an example of a bug I encountered:

image.png.8e953691ac1ba7c4e07944272f0a7d84.png

The player called nisefuchi asked to spec so I replaced his slot with a Petra Bot, and tried to start a 3v2 game with the following arrangement:

Team 1: Yekaterina + duck...

Team 2: GeneHa + Rarius + Petra (Very Hard Random)

Specs: nisefuchi

The game crashed with this error, after I clicked the start button (which was available at the time). It crashed at the loading screen and did not even manage to generate a replay file. 

I had Autociv mod on. 

How did you even manage to reach the loading screen? If that error message appears it should be not possible to start the game (it has two checks one in JS side and another in C++). That errors occurs when you try to force game start or in some cases if a player leaves or specs and you immediately press start game before the leave/spec message has arrived. Maybe some malformed data was passed to the game setup settings C++ parser and that caused the crash (I think that part of the C++ code doesn't check if all the data is valid before trying to use it). Autociv does change (can) some settings but doesn't add any new.

Edited by nani

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I guess it's a feature, not a bug. On other maps (like Flood for example) you can also build ports in waist-high water without a connection to dry land.

Correct, "shallows." The water just needs to be deeper on that map though to prevent, weird, effects like Andy's screenshot.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

On the archipelago map (nubia biome) we had some fishes on land

I had that quite frequently, haven't seen it in a25 yet. (But I also don't play maps like archipelago.)

28 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The water just needs to be deeper on that map though to prevent, weird, effects like Andy's screenshot.

Yeah, it looks deeper than shallow. Don't know what the intention on Schwarzwald is tho.

• 2 weeks later...

- the athenian tech "reforms of iphikrates" says "ships can train soldiers". So why is it required also for docks if you want them to train soldiers? Athenians are supposed to be the weakest civilization, so their docks should train soldiers without a tech.  Btw if you train a unit in a ship it should try to garrison in the ship before trying to spawn on the coast.

- if tab was pressed: the progress bar of a constructionside is not displayed at all, unless you refresh with pressing tab tab

2 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

If you look in  the lobby at a profile (with the search function), you will not see the current rating, only the peak rating. I'm pretty sure that you could see in A23 current AND peak rating.

Sounds like something with a mod?

On 11/10/2021 at 4:33 AM, Gurken Khan said:

I had that quite frequently, haven't seen it in a25 yet. (But I also don't play maps like archipelago.)

You definitely will because it still hasn't been fixed yet. https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1729

I am pretty sure it has been there since the map was created. I only found it in Jan 2019, and even then is close to three years ago.

• Haha 1