Thread for posting suggestions for Alpha 26

m7600

16 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I am not sure whether the player in the video is able to change the attack area or not, but that really seems to be the next step to make this a good mechanic.

The warnings you see in the top left is the player adjusting the area (if one looks closely one can see it in the spread of the projectiles).

Would it be possible to teach the AI to build a port just as a dropsite? Currently it takes ridiculous distances when building one clearly would be the better solution.

@Gurken Khan @Yekaterina The answer is yes, and it might be already implemented in Angen's Kiara. Catilina doesn't build port as dropsite (I can enable that after a thorough naval overhaul in remote future). However, it can simply build a normal dropsite next to the woodline in the current version.

7 hours ago, KKaslana said:

@Gurken Khan @Yekaterina The answer is yes, and it might be already implemented in Angen's Kiara. Catilina doesn't build port as dropsite (I can enable that after a thorough naval overhaul in remote future). However, it can simply build a normal dropsite next to the woodline in the current version.

Frankly, I'd consider being able to build a normal dropsite to be a very basic task for an AI. One difference is that I was referring to territory not owned by the AI, as you can see in my pic.

Since the AI is developing other eco techs I'm also wondering why it doesn't seem to research Diaspora; in my example from above that too would have significantly shortened the woodcutters' walking distances. (At least the AI was smart enough to set its trading to wood, not just going with the standard 25%.)

For the multiplayer lobby:

- The possibility to change the color of your civilization within a palette of 16 to 32 colors. (the maximum number of possible players). And the possibility to choose the same color if you are in the same team.

- Once the host player has selected your user in the "player placement", the possibility of changing your civilization, color and team by yourself. (But none of the configurations from the rest of the match).

- Maps should reveal the position in which each of the respective civilizations are going to be placed by adding a colorful dots (or another basic symbol).

14 hours ago, Dasaavawar said:

For the multiplayer lobby:

- Maps should reveal the position in which each of the respective civilizations are going to be placed by adding a colorful dots (or another basic symbol).

???? Maybe as an option, but exploring (and trying to avoid being detected) is an important part of the game that this proposition would remove entirely.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 2:24 PM, LienRag said:

???? Maybe as an option, but exploring (and trying to avoid being detected) is an important part of the game that this proposition would remove entirely.

My mistake, yes, you are right, just as an option. It should come along with the option of selecting a random position / placing too. That would be helpful in the creation both of specific matches and specific campaigns.

• Like 2

On 30/09/2021 at 12:52 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Control holy sites as a mode of victory.

This gives me an idea for a temple looting religious victory mode.

In fact it is a variant of controlling ruins game victory. I wish both would add a lot of personality to the maps, ruins and places of worship. 

It would get the player's attention.

On 09/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, bigaxd said:

I think is a good idea that Civs would have some sort of government building to study things such as - faster construction -more building durability... -unique techs

like a University type building

Not all civs. I can't think of any University or Library for Barbarians (Iberians and Celts). But surely for former "Empire" civilizations. It feels strange to represent Greek factions (and particularly Athenians) without their libraries...

Edited by Dasaavawar
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dasaavawar said:

I have been playing this game for a year, I still don't know how to use spies :blush:.

Maybe a year in was when I gave up on that. Playing over three years now, never used it. Doubt it's worth the hassle to see one trader walk around?

Anyway, just hit the flare button by accident and now I'm stuck with it. May I suggest that hitting [ESC] releases the cursor?

• Like 1