Jump to content

Thread for posting suggestions for Alpha 26


m7600
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, AIEND said:

I should say, "Han" is a race, a civilization, an empire and a dynasty at the same time.

just like roman refers to a city and to a republic and later to an empire, and persian is still used to address the language (and not only that) of modern Iran. so just "Han" is perfectly fine and also consistent with the other names currently used.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, alre said:

just like roman refers to a city and to a republic and later to an empire, and persian is still used to address the language (and not only that) of modern Iran. so just "Han" is perfectly fine and also consistent with the other names currently used.

I think the only divergence in your example is with the modern state, where Han refers to an ethnic group that is part of China, rather than the whole, diverse country. But this is a side note.

I think even if you call it Han China, the players will probably abbreviate it to Han as a measure of practicality. In the same way, Ptolemies have become Ptol and Mauryas have become Maur and Seleucids have become Seles. I agree the best way would be to simply call the civ "Han" as suggested

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I think the only divergence in your example is with the modern state, where Han refers to an ethnic group that is part of China, rather than the whole, diverse country. But this is a side note.

but in present times rome does refer to just a part of a larger country (italy).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

In the same way, Ptolemies have become Ptol and Mauryas have become Maur and Seleucids have become Seles.

So you're suggesting to rename those civs in-game to ptol, maur and sele? Probably not. This discussion is not about colloquialisms and abbreviations, but what the 'official' names should be.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

So you're suggesting to rename those civs in-game to ptol, maur and sele? Probably not. This discussion is not about colloquialisms and abbreviations, but what the 'official' names should be.

Of course not lol. I am just trying to convey that we should not fight a war over this and just go for the simpler solution: "Han"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 分钟前,BreakfastBurrito_007 说:

我认为你的例子中唯一的分歧是现代国家,汉族指的是属于中国的一个民族,而不是整个多元化的国家。 但这是一个旁注。

我想就算你叫它汉中国,玩家们可能也会把它简称为汉作为衡量实用性的标准。 同样,托勒密变成了托勒,孔雀变成了毛尔,塞琉古变成了塞勒斯。 我同意最好的方法是按照建议简单地将文明称为“汉”

In fact, "Chinese" is also ambiguous. In modern times, this term usually refers to all ethnic groups in the People's Republic of China, not just the Han nationality. But in the Han Dynasty, Chinese usually refers to the Han people in North China.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...