Euro 2004

The second Czech goal came just the wrong time - in a time when Germany was attacking and having chance after chance... but when odds where 1:2, they couldn't do much, especially due to the fact that the Czech went back and let the clock play for them (my point of view at least).

I don't think it's too bad that Germany has to go home, as there are quite a lot of old and bad players in the team, but it's a pity that the youngsters (who IMO were *really* good) like Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Podolski have to bear this loss as well, though it wasn't their fault.

Anyway, the german coach, Rudi Völler, just withdrew from his job and stepped back in order to make the way free for a new start - I'm quite sorry for him, IMO he was a good coach :) - and quite popular as well.

We'll see how things go on - see you all in Germany 2006 ! :)

I'd really love to see Czech Republic winning the tournament..

Kudos to that!

I never thought Chezck was that good

Well, you live and learn. (You could also final live and learn how to spell it properly

And a real B team

Actually, a full B team would never have stood a chance of winning. They had a full defence and if the hadn't brought Poborsky and Baros (too lazy to add diacritics) on then the outcome would have been very different.

France lost from Greece!

Wohooo, that was a great match... it's a pity that I missed the only goal (went down into the cellar to fetch something to drink, and when I came back up, it was 1:0 for Greece...) - I guess Greece is quite the underdog, but they might even reach the finals. Though they most likely have to play agains Czech, and these are quite good.

(beer.gif

Worst match I had ever seen ... anyway, life goes on ...

As for Portugal-Netherlands yesterday evening, even the French commentators, one of which was Arsene Wenger (Arsenal well-known coach), said that the referee was a bit tough against the Dutch ...

Well, of course, the other team was Portugal ... they had to win ... in their own country!