UDP 20595

AJIexander

Me and my friends cannot join each other due to udp port error 20595. I found the official manual page. Opened ports, turned off the firewall, antivirus, even tried hamachi, as well as the "STUN" checkbox when creating the server, nothing helps. Probably - this is due to the fact that I have a gray ip address? If so, it is worth mentioning in your official FAQ so that people do not waste time opening ports if it is useless.

24 minutes ago, Stan` said:

What do you call a "gray" IP address ?

Are you playing in LAN?

No, we live in different cities and co and country just play on the Internet. Regarding the terminology, it is better to look on the Internet, so that I do not mislead you. In short, when you do not have a dedicated ip address, you cannot make a full-fledged server out of your computer without a VPN or other small tweaks.

Edited by AJIexander

4 hours ago, AJIexander said:

Probably - this is due to the fact that I have a gray ip address? If so, it is worth mentioning in your official FAQ so that people do not waste time opening ports if it is useless.

Its not entirely useless. Even if you manage to do the NAT traversal, the ports still need to be opened.

I am not sure if 0AD STUN use a TURN server too. If there is no such thing, (I assume you are behind a symmetrical NAT since it failed even after you used STUN), its pretty much impossible to have an e2e session.

ISPs should just commit to ipv6 and do away with NATs.

Edited by smiley

1 hour ago, smiley said:

I am not sure if 0AD STUN use a TURN server too. If there is no such thing, (I assume you are behind a symmetrical NAT since it failed even after you used STUN), its pretty much impossible to have an e2e session.

No turn servers so indeed it won't work on symmetrical nats.

• 3 weeks later...