Talking to Americans

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... Oh boy. After going to McDonalds, I came home to watch some football.

Come to think of it, I'm having trouble filling in these American stereotypes.

My dad knows a german friend from work real well and sometimes when he's in the states, he'll come over for dinner (in about 5 hours notice- lol). He's about 10 feet tall and drinks a LOT of beer. And drives extreeeeemely fast. wow, he took me out once and I was surprised we didn't get about 10 moving violations! Ha, just a funny story (true though), funny because it matches all the stereotypes.

(beer.gif

Dude! Cronk, if it weren't for America you wouldn't be french today.

I don't see the link between talking to an American and the Normandy landing (in which let me remind you there were more British troops than American troops ...).

Anyway ... let me also remind you that if it weren't for France, you wouldn't be American today ... :P

Lafayette ... does it remind you of anything? So, please do not relate things that cannot be related ...

(beer.gif

Do you have proof? 

Yes ...

The Americans landed in Utah beach and Omaha beach ... respectively 23,250 and 34,000. So that makes 57,250 soldiers.

The British landed in Gold, Juno and Sword ... respectively 25,000, 24,000 and 28,845. So that makes 77,845 soldiers.

Source ... http://www.secondeguerre.net/debarquement.htm

or I have books in English, American or French ... and they nearly say all the same (sometimes instead of 24000, it is 24124 or soemthing like that ...)

Does that satisfy you?

Regarding the fries, why it's called french is somewhere on that site. In Belgium we just say frieten (fries), and in the Netherlands they say patat (potatoe).

Yeah that guy must have too much time on his hands, but we Belgians are proud of our fries :P

(beer.gif

Uppy, I have already replied that st**id statement above ...

If it weren't for the French in the War of Independence, North Americans would be speaking British English and would still be 13. And moreover, you would certainly be speaking French ... since, let me remind you, the French sold Louisiana (virtually all the land West of the 13 colonies) to the US in 1803 for nothing ...

And besides, I don't see what's the problem in speaking German.

So please Uppy, if you state something in your post, give it some proofs at least.