Is it just me, or is Hamburger the only thing...

I mean every once and a while I will go to Mc Donalds, but we do not eat that every day! There are other 'fast food' places that americans eat at, i.e. Burger King, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, Subway, and many others. Those are fast food places. But we not not eat there everyday, maybe some people do...but that is different. :lol:

A sterotype is a general 'brand' that you put on a group of people, like saying all people from _____ are ignorant, or _____ people only eat _____.

I wiil tell more later. :muaha:

Hmm, I got what it ment now, thanks :muaha:

Oki, well, im not much that person, but it seems like this in movies and since i never have been to America, i have only this media to base my opinion on :lol: If you get what i mean :)

Also, i guess you guys eat more then (I hope so), never heard of those Fast food things though, except MC Donalds, and Burger King :P

Well, can't tell for Unitedstaters, but as for Quebecers, we eat some fastfood. Not always, and we avoid it if we have something better at home. I think an average Quebecer will eat two to four times in a fast food a week, mostly for lunch (on workdays, mostly), but maybe once for dinner (or supper, as English speakers say it in Quebec :muaha:). Those aren't scientifically base, it may be more, it may be less. It's my own guess.

(beer.gif

Well, although it sounds like a stereotype saying that Americans only eat hamburgers, I still tend to think it is true.

When I went to the US, while I was eating "normal food" (at least to me), the American people around me seemed to eat only VERY fat things like burgers or French fries ... So, until I am shown wrong, I still think ZeZar is in a way not totally wrong :muaha:

Well, just what you eating anyways Curufinwe?

But not all of our fastfood establishments are only hamburger places. We have places for mostly chicken and hot dogs as well. But the majority of fast food resturants will serve hamburgers, and nearly all serve fries or a similar potato product. But at many of our sit-down resturants, burgers and fries are not dominant (it depends on what type of restruant it is).

What is getting popular where I live is Sushi Shop... Even in my former neighborhood, a lost suburb, there are two! And in Montreal, you cannot count them. And I won't complain, Sushi can be a great fastfood :muaha: Subway, with their submarines, is also getting popular (For Europeans : Subway is fastfood restaurant that serves submarines and salads : they have no hamburger, even though you can have if you want a fatful submarine.). There are also more and more Libanese restaurants, but that is only in the center city, in suburbs there isn't.

Uh, is SAUSAGE the only thing Germans eat? Sheesh... or, are TACOS the only thing Mexicans eat??? I'm sorry, but this poll is ignorant.

And would be for Canadians? Maple Syrup?...

(By the way, mostly only Quebecers and eastern Ontarians eat some with their food)

When most people visit a country they tend to eat at local cheap or fast food restaurants. In the case of America, there is a Burger King or McDonalds down almost every street, however Americans don't only eat burgers. Thats like saying all mexicans eat Burritos (or Tacos) and that all Italian people eat pasta. (Oops, I think 5 other people made this point before more? :))

I eat a burger now and then, but the last time I ate one from a fast food joint was maybe 2 months ago. So no, most americans don't eat burgers or frys, it's just a common type of food here.

Hmm, in every movie, and every other media, its only hamburgers, and chips.

Yeah, it's called the Media. It never depicts an image of what's true.

For the record, I haven't eaten chips in many many months, more than I can remember :muaha: Americans have alot of food, infact we have food from almost every culture integrated into our society, considering that many Americans game from foreign countries, and with them they brought their foods. Burgers for example are something that German passangers ate aboard ships comming to America. Pizza originated in New York (City I think) when some italian people opened up a shop. Potato Chips were french (So are French Fries), and then there are more original types of food, like Barbeque (if I spelled that right? hehe I suck at spellaring), which originated in Luisianna and Texas, they have alot of unique BBQs in that area. And so on, I can't think of anything else right now.

Alright ZeZar, heres the deal :lol: Take everything you hear about America over where you live, and just forget it. You've gradually been discovering that America is not what they say it is and that People in America are people too. I spent some time in my home country, Bulgaria, (along with other countries in Europe now and then) and it bothers me how opinionated everyone is towards America, and the media does no better, they just show what people want to hear.

Meh.

Well just to prove Americans eat more than just hamburgers, here's what I've eaten:

-Yesterday breakfast: Pancakes (* story below), sausage, orange juice

-Yesterday lunch: I wasn't too hungy but I did have a turkey sandwhich

-Yesterday dinner: Tacos and rice

-Today breakfast: Waffles

-Today lunch: Ham sandwhich on bagel (wheat bagel... mmm...) fruit, granola bar

-Today dinner: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, vegetables

See? Two days and no hamburgers!

Oops forgot the story... here it is.

So I was in Quebec and I saw a place called "Creperie" or something, and I like the "crepes" I've had in America, so I decided to stop in. What I got though was really just pancakes (in American terms) and I was surprised because I thought crepes were thin (all the ones I had in America were) and basically the Quebec crepe turned out to be a thick pancake. What's with that?

Uh, is SAUSAGE the only thing Germans eat? Sheesh... or, are TACOS the only thing Mexicans eat??? I'm sorry, but this poll is ignorant.

I dont think you guys, at least not you Myhtos get what i am saying here.

I am not saying "Americans only eat Burgers / Cheeseburgers :D"

I am just asking, since i got that impression from movies and series. I might be prety stupid, but i have never been to America, and i of course understand that you arent ONLY eating Burgers, but like once a day or something, at least really often.

Though you Americans have now told me i had a wrong impression, and i now know that you eat mostly the same as I do :muaha:

ok? Take it easy guys ...

Though you Americans have now told me i had a wrong impression, and i now know that you eat mostly the same as I do :lol:

Further proof that you need to waste your well earned vacation money in the States. :)

After all, you once got the impression that we all drove around in golf carts. :muaha:

(beer.gif

Well, although it sounds like a stereotype saying that Americans only eat hamburgers, I still tend to think it is true.

When I went to the US, while I was eating "normal food" (at least to me), the American people around me seemed to eat only VERY fat things like burgers or French fries ... So, until I am shown wrong, I still think ZeZar is in a way not totally wrong :muaha:

In the US, the number of ppl overweight is very high. That's mostly because of the fastfood they eat. I don't say all Americans eat a lot of hamburgers or other fat foods. But a considerable number needs to eat healthier (Sp?)

So I was in Quebec and I saw a place called "Creperie" or something, and I like the "crepes" I've had in America, so I decided to stop in. What I got though was really just pancakes (in American terms) and I was surprised because I thought crepes were thin (all the ones I had in America were) and basically the Quebec crepe turned out to be a thick pancake. What's with that?

our pancakes are thick, that's all :lol: or else we eat 3 huge pancakes (if they're thin).