Why don't you post your homework here?

(beer.gif

Well, my homework is to correct students' homework ... so I don't really think that is very interesting in some ways ... well, if ever I get a funny thing in my corrections I will transmit it to you ...

like : "Dracula should be blessed and given money if he lived in nowadays world since he would solve the retiree pension problem by drinking the blood of all the old people." That is taken from a test I corrected and I thought it was hilarious :muaha:

My homework is helping my gf with her exams right now, but since she's studying languages I can figure out everything about maths and science for her (since she doesn't have much of that), and she can handle the language stuff herself perfectly :muaha:

• 2 months later...

... When I joined the forums, school was finished, and during summer I had no tasks. But, university will begin and... I think...

Tetsudaeru no ni daremo inai kono komyunichi ni to omotte imasu. (I think there will be no one that will be able to help me...) Nihongo no benkyou da kara... Since I'll be studying Japanese :D... Dame da... It's useless :D

Well, I don't know anyone here who could help me about Japanese... If I asked, for example : what's the difference of use between "wa" and "ga" (Hito wa iru / Hito ga iru), in Japanese... Well no one would know what I'm talking about.

Ka is indeed the interrogative sentence ending.

Hito ga hanashimasu = A person is speaking

Hito ga hanashimasu ka = Is a person speaking?

Here's about Ga and Wa (written Ha, in Japanese)

Hito ga iru = There is a person

Hito wa iru = The person is there

Wa shows a topic : the theme of your sentence. In the first one, there is no theme, you only state that Hito (a person) is. You could have added a theme : Koko ni wa, hito ga iru. "About here (koko ni), there is a person." In the second sentence, you have a theme : Hito. You are speaking of hito (a person). Then, you're saying what it is about hito : he is there (iru).

Such distinction can be very useful. Hence, if in a car, you say : "Hito ga iru!", you're implying something like "Look out!" or "Watch out!", because you don't expect any hito to be there at all. If you say, instead, "Hito wa iru!", you're implying that you expected someone there, and that there is no surprise if someone is there. And since in Japanese, the less direct you are the best it is, such distinction is really useful to show some politeness.

The reason why I was joking with the ga/wa (well, to me, it's kind of a joke) is that this seemingly stupid question can be very uneasy to explain for a newcomer. As well, this being a newcomer question, well I tested as well if someone new Japanese, and someone do know something about it :DIi ne!

Edit : "Genki desu ka?" = Are (you) well (genki)?

Answer : Genki da kedo daigaku ha sukoshi kowai ze. (I am but I'm a bit scared of University!)

I haven't posted for two reasons: 1. I haven't been in school because of the summer and therefore have not had homework. 2. Sometimes it takes a while to respond to the questions and i need to find the answers quickly. If i do encounter anything that stumps me this year, particularly my Spanish homework, i will post here and maybe someone that speaks native Spanish can help. Is there anybody here from Spain. I believe SUD is.