I actually never saw the original movie until last  year. But in the mid-eighties (when I was about 12), my brother and sister gave me this book for Christmas:

51xWm1UBwVL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Pall Agamemnides, heir to a dukedom, struggles to stop a conspiracy that threatens the savage, sugar-swept world of Doon, as evil powers plot to steal the wild beer growing on Doon, to control the native pretzel population, and transform Doon into a lounge-planet

Edited by andy5995

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

I like how the story intertwines Western Stoicism with Buddhism and Islam. It also turns the "messiah" myth on its head.

Thug Notes gives an analysis on that last bit:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mysticjim said:

I'm having trouble adapting it for Youtube. The scope is way too vast and modern CGI just isn't capable of delivering believable results! :)

Honestly though, it's in progress - I'm trying to build a buffer of completed match replays to give me a good week or so playing Delenda Est properly. Last time I tried this, I barely scratched the surface of the differences in gameplay between vanilla 0AD and Delenda Est. I recorded the audio of me talking about it, but it wasn't very convincing as I'd barely had chance to play it properly. I do want to do it justice because it's clearly quite an achievement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...