Gas Prices

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(beer.gif

That is rather unsensible ... think about it ... where does the State get its money from? Have you ever thought about it? Have you ever wondered how come you can go to school for free? or how come health is (supposedly) free too? Well, simply thanks to taxation ... gas tax is one of them ...

(beer.gif

Public school teaches eviloution. Oh and the people that work for the goverment are wealthy so why don't they help pay for all the needs.

Wow ... what is this? :thumbdown: You mean you are not taught evolution???? Well, I thought that it was acknowledged in the whole world ... at least, in the whole Western World ... I was wrong. And the rest of the quote, I prefer not to comment about it. I may say bad things.

Uppy, when you are 65 and you have no more money to pay for your health insurance, no more money to have paid for your children's education, you wish you had be in favour of state funded schools ... :P

Besides, I am a teacher working for the state ... and if I showed you my payroll, you would not believe it is so low ... so, try to think about what you are saying before you say it ... do you know how much a teacher earns in the US? you should try to find it out.

Yes, working for the state is not usually much profitable (at least if you do any ordinary task, managers are another issue). State workers tend to get more bona (health insurance, special indemnities fees, etc.), but hey: shouldn't this be the goal and the right thing for everyone?

:P

(beer.gif
Public school teaches eviloution. Oh and the people that work for the goverment are wealthy so why don't they help pay for all the needs.

Uppy, when you are 65 and you have no more money to pay for your health insurance, no more money to have paid for your children's education, you wish you had be in favour of state funded schools ... :P

Besides, I am a teacher working for the state ... and if I showed you my payroll, you would not believe it is so low ... so, try to think about what you are saying before you say it ... do you know how much a teacher earns in the US? you should try to find it out.

I would never teach a big lie to kids just to get money. even i I was despret.(Sp?)

(beer.gif

Uppy, you misunderstood what I said ...

I would never teach a big lie to kids just to get money. even i I was despret.(Sp?)

What I was saying was ... if in 20 years time, you have no money to pay for your health and your insurance, you will be happy that the state pays for it ...

And besides, you are focusing on a detail in the post ... have you checked out what I told you?

State funded medical stuff is pretty common in Europe, AFAIK. But could someone fill me in on the deal with medical expenses in Europe?

Uppy, I am public schooled and evolution is not taught as cold hard truth. Although the idea of animal evolution (simply long term adaption) is pretty much unconflicted with, the idea of human evolution from apes through a series of subhuman species to finally us is not always taught as fact. In fact many teachers have seperate beliefs from what they are required to teach the kids, and kids that don't believe in evolution are accepted. I bet you'd be suprised.

Now in college, that's a different story. Someone majoring in anthropology would have a lot of training on evolution, probably viewed a lot closer to fact.

Hm, and state workers are generally payed less actually. Public school teachers earn notoriously low wages in the US, and every now and then a kid will check what his (or her) teacher earns, by looking at certain websites, on which public school teachers are required to post their salaries here.

Well, this is pretty off-topic, but in a Science Class, one should be taught the relavant scientific theories according to modern scientific thought. To be "taught" evolution does not mean one must "believe" in it (or even the that the teacher believes in it - only that they are doing their job - teaching science).

Anyway, back on topic...

(beer.gif

agree with you Michael ... :)

As for health insurance in Europe, most of the countries have the following system:

every citizen pays for his/her insurance according to his/her wages. For instance, I earn €1,100 a month, I pay €60 per month for my insurance ... my aunt who earns €10,000 a month must pay a lot more ... and my brother who doesn't work since he is still at school pays nothing.

Then, the whole money is used as France's health insurance. Very few people have private health insurance in here. Actually, I think only expats have private insurance here ... State funded health is the best we have here ... and I guess nearly in Europe since every year we have a bunch (a geat deal actually) of foreigners from the EU (mainly from the UK) who come to benefit our health system.

We all pay for our doctor or medecines, but we are always paid back ... unless we abuse the system.

It works pretty well. The system relies on solidarity. However, the WTO and enormous health companies want to turn health (and education among others) into a simple service, as much as banking or transportation ... and the EU countries may fall into that trap ...

wait and see ... but honestly, I really hope the system will remain the same overall. It works, everybody is happy with it.

Some may say it has a great deficit, which is actually untrue .. the governement is using a lot of health money to fund other stuff, like roads, police, etc ... and that is why eventually, the balance shows -12 billion Euros ...

In Canada, we also have such Public Health Insurrance... You pay what you can, and you recieve services from the government.

I couldn't get back everything, but I once read that a public financing was cheaper to pay the health insurrancee than private (it would me more effective...).

But people are falling into that way of thinking health, private-private and private. I feel it really bad.

(beer.gif

Of course private health is more expensive for the people since health insurance companies have 1 goal only ... make money ... they somewhat don't really care about your health, as long as you pay ... and as long as you are not too sick ...

Whereas public-funded health plan has one goal only ... to have people to access medical support whenever is needed ...

In fact, that wasn't really the problem. What the problem was is when you have a private health system, it seems that the costs are way higher than when you a public one. Information goes a lot slower also, since everything is self-established. Services I think are better when you can go on large scales and work together (and it can lower some costs, to work together), what most private companies don't understand (even if some indeed understood :))...