Who's the most veteran member here?

I mean, iirc, some of the founders of Wildfiregames left, it would be interesting for us "youngers", to hear a bit of WFG History Heritage from the veterans here...

Come on, i'm eager to listen (or read if you prefer)... ...wanna be proud of WFG, wanna know everithing is allowed to know,wann... ...well, i let others speak now :ph34r:

2nd thread?

Well, first of all, i have been here since 22-September 03, have NO idea when the forums got up, but if you mean Veteran like of the forums i wouldnt call myself one, since i have no idea when it started.

Though it was pretty inactive when i came, Timmie had all the threads, the "getNewPost" icon was blue instead of the WFG logo (if you get me) and some mods werent installed.

But veterans of WFG? Isnt that Scud guy and Josef something?

I used to pop in now and then in the forums when WFG was WFS between 2001-2003, and I finally joined after Tim did - he joined because he needed something to do having recently left DGDN with me. He said it was the most awesome team ever, I've always wanted to aply my art skills to games and thus I joined too in late August 2003, so I haven't been here for a long time by any means, though I do know WFS/G's history through the community, having been in it since Late 2000.

Some of Tonto's members (sting and real being the most obvious) were involved in the project almost from the start (I believe sting was involved really early and convinced real to join), so I got to know a lot about it from them.

I've been checking the forums since a few weeks before the first water demo was released (if anyone can remember that :D), though I didn't become involved since when the new forums were established...

I'm not sure we have more than say, five members who've been here since the start= That's a guess, but I don't think there are more than that atleast. I think I'm borderline veteran, but that doesn't mean I know much more of the history than anyone else. There are plenty of ways to find out about that besides having been present :ph34r:

I've joined WFG in december 2002 if I remember correctly. I've left for a while last year and joined again under Tim's pressure (y)

Well, I know WFG (WFS back then) since their first day of existence. Dire Wolf was the leader back then, though I don't know what happened with him. I don't remember all the oldies anymore of that time, only Wijit probably, and some people who are now either in Woad Creations or Tsunami Studios.

Toad Studios? ;)

Well in that time many people changed team from time to time or were part of several teams. I don't think it had anything to do with the quality of the team since WFG was in that area probably the best (atleast for modding). I have many memory leaks, so Wijit will answer your question a lot better (y)

Who is the most veteran member on the forum boards?

Non-member would be: friedd0g (used to be known as Smonz), he co-founded WFS with Dire_Wolf)

Active member: Me ;)

This migh be a fun little trip down memory lane:

WildFire Studio's Moving

Home Page Under Construction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILDFIRE STUDIOS NEWSLETTER: May 13, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WildFire Studio's Forges Forward

After some harsh reality of seeing the date of the release of the mod/campiagn quickly advancing toward us, many of us have decided to get our butts in gear.

Myself - has been busy updating the mod   

Stan, Sud, Martinhus, and Johnny - have been trying to finish the campaign

SWP - has been updating the site to be able to host the project, and a flash movie

May 31st boys!  Time flys by quickly, lets work together to make sure we don't miss our first deadline!

Welcome our new members:

We have many more members to add to the WildFire Team -

Bolshevik Pilferer - Brother to Corrupt Halbierdier, scenario designer, wants to be the head of "Creativity"

AzN - Known AOKHer, speciallizes in language.dll editing, does mods, and is currently working on a beta trebuchet mod

Cian McGuire - Member of Punk, does anything to do with graphics, working on a fantasy mod, like to lend a hand, so ask!

The Vampire Slayer - Also a reputable modder for AOKH, working on a roman mod/campaign, also a really cool legionnaire!

RoRLegion - Head of RoRLegion, will be taking a command under Stan in the SD department,  Making a campaign for our mod.

Ca_Aok  - Known for his work on typing out the slp list for the interface.drs, also Apprentice to Thawk, SCN design

LKSFrogman  - a youngin from Wisconsin, who doesn't know what he wants to do, and has nothing in the works, but likes to post!

IClan Weezul  - from hpv, not much info, but we know his sig is kind of annoying ;) joking - if anyone 

FrenchPaladin – from RoRLegion, a hystorian with an enthusiasm for EE

Update on the "Fall of Rome":

- By Wijitmaker  (The Weekly Wijitmaker section) (y)

Well guys, I'm going to right up a big report for next week under Mythies Request,

But here is the update for this week-

Worked on some new docks, and temple (you can see both in the Project Discussion Topic at our Forums)

Also made three new towers that I am not ready to show yet, and converted the AOE chariot, for Derfel Cadarn (who want's a celtic charioteer)

Well that's on the list of to-do's if you have any more questions, or

suggestions email me at Wijitmaker@juno.com.

RoRLegion makes "Roman Conquest of Germania" available for the team to test:

On our forums, RoR has announced that his personal campaign is ready to preview, and he is looking for suggestions on how to improve it.  So team download it here:

RoRLegion in his own words:  Will everyone from this team please playtest this and give me feedback? It will use the roman modpack. I know there are 3 errors, but I only remember one: on the last scenario, the units' names havn't been changed.

And do your part as a member, and tell him what you think of his work!

RoRLegion Joins up with Wildfire:

After, we decided to take on High Voltage Production members, RoRLegion joined up with us as well.  So far they have brought three members to the team - RoRLegion, FrenchPaladin, and SimonW H

Lets make them all feel at home in their new AOK community!

Forums:

After last times notice in the Newsletter about the forums dying all the members have started posting more often and the post count has increased tremendously since. But still, we can do with more. All the members should post atleast twice a week in the forums.If you need any help at all you should post in the forums. Wildfire Studios will make sure you will get help and support. Inform your other friends to visit our forums also. You can find the forums here:

Brief Snippits from the forums: (one quote from each topic)

SWP on his "skills"

Bah, I could kill every member except Pie in 1v1 RM and DM.

Wicked Kight on Sig Picts:

I will make anybody one, but I must know 7 things.

1)Two favorite colors.(ex red, black,ect.,ect.)

2)Favorite type of font.(ex TNR, Chiller,ect.,ect.)

3)Favorite thing(ex Myth Pharoah had a tut mask)

4)Backround color.(ex red, black,ect.,ect.)

5)Animation.(any kind of animation in my ranges)

6)Name(ex what you want as your name)

7)Fire and/or smoke

8)Color #7(ex natural, blue, red,ect.,ect.)

If you have your eye on a certain font, tell me the url to where I can download it.

Bearded Dragon on ruling over general discussion with an iron fist:

Just be nice to eachother, or I'll close it...okay? I know that this is a very personal topic, so watch what you say ok?

Corrupt Halberdier on theory to debatin in the hystory forum:

You are mistaken, the magic of philosophy gives us the chance to debate a whole life time without any clear result.

Stan on ruling the scenario discussion with an iron fist:

Nobody cares about my idea?

Hell, I will force you people to do it anyway! Mwhahahahahahaha!!! j/k

Irish Stag on oppinion of our punk site:

those links to heavens gaming sites are pretty cool

Eric the Red on WFS Mod Team:

I just wanted to say keep up the good work on the modpacks.

SWP on who will be the Head of WFS EE:

Uh...my mom?

Stan on what we are looking for in what we release to the public:

Doesn't matter, as long as it sounds good and is fun.

Bearded Dragon on the gender of Shiva (WC member):

I always thought you we're a girl.

Render on opening of the topic at the bottom of our forums:

Also I would like to say good Idea AGA.

Hey guys be sure to stop in and catch all the action... while your at it make action happen!

If you guys do not have ICQ, I suggest that you go to www.icq.com and download it asap.  ICQ is our main means of communication. If guys want to contact any of us personally then you will need ICQ. The following is the list of ICQ's of almost all the members. I suggest you have all of them in your contact list. While requesting authorization from any member you may need to mention that you are from Wildfire Studios.

Wildfire Studios:

Note: Not ranked in any particular order

Dire Wolf  -  84582564                          

Wijitmaker  -  110030290

Smonz  -  97095750

SWP  -  73209773

The Conquistador -  101333385

Myth Pharoah  -  85544019

SUD Commander  -  113927552

Belasarious  -  109785675

DrunkenMime41  -  58854369

rpgmaker007  -  109986905

Corrupt Halberdier  -  85305209

AshenShugar009  -  alen009@msn.com (ICQ n/a)

Excavios  -  superninja5@hotmail.com (ICQ n/a)

Bearded Dragon  -  95489374

Revned  -  112120439

The Piemaster  -  78457372

Wicked Knight -  110615597

Dastal  -  96212031 

BullsWool  -  19852957

Agamemnon  -  103847162

Cian McGuire  -  107882469

AznKnightmare  -  30875054

Bolshevik Pilferer  -  30870504

The Vampire Slayer  -  108448892

LKSFrogman  -  111767936

Johnny - 45561873

Icewyvern - 91379993

RoRLegion - 104836466

FrenchPaladin - 114134117

SimonW H - 50121007

Ca Aok - 115032654

Render - 89655348

Thawky - 101694238

If I have by chance left out any other members be sure to contact me and give me your info. I'll add it in the next newsletter!

Well, guys that's all for this time. If you have any news you'd like to feature in the newsletter like, a project you're working on or anything else then send me a email here.  If any of you haven't received the earlier contact Mythie, and he'll send it to you.

Wijitmaker filling in for:

Mythical Pharoah (AKA Mythie)

Wildfire Studios Publicist

Mon, April 24th 2001 by Mythical Pharoh:

WILDFIRE STUDIOS NEWSLETTER: Issue 22nd April, 2001

Dufus Crisis:

Lately, there has been some excitement about Wildfire Studios being hosted by SCNPUNK. In this excitement, to get a good site up and working as early as possible, Dire_Wolf appointed Dufus. Dufus has a extensive knowledge of programming languages which Dire_Wolf thought could be put to use for Wildfire Studios. Keeping in view the necessity of getting the website up fast, Dire_Wolf didn't check how reliable Dufus could be. Dufus was thus given the FTP account of the HG Server. As we wanted the site to be up early Angel ZEN did not make a separate FTP account for WFS(Wildfire Studios). Dufus took this opportunity for doing some mischief. He used the FTP account and downloaded some accounts of some people, inclusive of Angel ZEN himself, from the database of the HG server. Using the account of ZEN, he then posted somewhere as ZEN himself. He later also passed the account information to Czar Andy. Czar Andy further spread the account details. cAndy, then changed the names of some forums. He unbanned some people, etc. Thus when Angel ZEN came to know this, he suspended his account with the help of the other Angels. And later from the forum logs (a sort of data text file which records all the activities done during a period) found out that it was some one from New Zealand and later Dufus and cAndy confessed and they were banned from the Age of King's Heaven's forum. Seeing that this could cause more trouble, ZEN temporarily suspended the WFS account from the HG server. :(

Later Dire_Wolf fired Dufus and temporarily suspended the other people who had the FTP account. If you know anyone out there who helped Dufus and cAndy to hack, please inform me or Dire_Wolf about it. This will only lead to the benefit of WFS. 

"Remember, confess before you are forced to do so!" 

Welcome our new members:

Guys welcome our two new members. SWP, The Conquistador and Wicked Knight. I guess SWP is not so new now though. : ) The Conquistador as you all guys know is a great scenario designer from SCNPUNK and TSUNAMI STUDIOS. Further more he is the review god of Age Of King's Heaven and he is the Head Scenario Designer of WFS. Rpgmaker007 was sacked from this position because he was very inactive and did not handle the responsibility properly. SWP, excellent with graphics and quite good at many programming languages. So..... he is the webmaster WFS. Unlike Dufus, he did not hack the HG server even though he had the FTP account stuff. This does not only show his loyalty towards WFS but also that he cares about the reputation of WFS. He is kinda a guy who does not really like to help when it comes to some newbie questions :D. Though I am sure he is going to be a great webmaster! Lastly Wicked Knight until I haven't exactly been able to know him really good though I know he is quite good with graphics and I'm sure WFS will benefit from his being in the team. He is a very helpful guy and if any of you guys need help with the 3D modeling stuff or any graphics he is always there for you! :D Anyway don't forget to visit his site here.

- By Wijitmaker  (The Weekly Wijitmaker section) ;)

Hope fully, all of you guys have seen the trailer of the Fall of Rome campaign. If not, you can see it here.

(http://www.geocities.com/wildfire_studios/rome.html)

Hello Team,

Here is the weekly update on the Roman mod.

We have a few new additions:

Centurion - Courtesy of Wicked Knight

Celtic Buildings, and Stones

Mud

Possibly another Roman Horseman

On the to-do list:

Fix the game frames for the mod

Finish the language dll

Redo the imperial age buildings

Put in the new feudal age dock

Fix misc shadows, and flags

If you have any ideas to improve more email me at: Wijitmaker@juno.com

AOE2.com Contest - Any Thing Goes:

AOE2.com, another site like the Age of King's Heaven, is holding a contest with some nice prizes.. This time, as the contest statement says anything goes. You can put anything you want for the contest. Screen shots, Scenarios, Campaigns, Modpacks, Ai Scripts, RMS Scripts, etc. anything which is related to Age Of Kings. Find more spout the contest here.

Wildfire Studios wishes you enter this Contest as your victory should and will bring fame to our team. Any fame that you bring to the team should lead to your promotion. If you guys need playtesters or any other help for the contest contact me here. I'll try to arrange for your problem immediately.

Forums:

After last times notice in the Newsletter about the forums dying all the members have started posting more often and the post count has increased tremendously since. But still, we can do with more. All the members should post atleast twice a week in the forums.If you need any help at all you should post in the forums. Wildfire Studios will make sure you will get help and support. Inform your other friends to visit our forums also. You can find the forums here.

The forums will change once we are hosted by SCNPUNK and we will get our HG version of UBB. Cool huh?

If you guys do not have ICQ, I suggest that you go to www.icq.com and download it asap.  ICQ is our main means of communication. If guys want to contact any of us personally then you will need ICQ. The following is the list of ICQ's of almost all the members. I suggest you have all of them in your contact list. While requesting authorization from any member you may need to mention that you are from Wildfire Studios.

Wildfire Studios:

Dire Wolf -                 84582564

Wijitmaker -               110030290

Smonz -                      97095750

SWP -                        73209773

The Conquistador -     101333385

Myth Pharoah -           85544019

SUD Commander -     113927552

Belasarious -               109785675

DrunkenMime41 -       58854369

rpgmaker007 -            109986905

Corrupt Halberdier -    85305209

AshenShugar009 -       alen009@msn.com (ICQ n/a)

excavios -                    superninja5@hotmail.com (ICQ n/a)

Bearded Dragon -        95489374

Revned -                      112120439

The Piemaster -            78457372

Wicked Knight -          110615597

Dastal -                        96212031

If I have by chance left out any other members be sure to contact me and give me your info. I'll add it in the next newsletter!

Well, guys that's all for this time. If you have any news you'd like to feature in the newsletter like, a project you're working on or anything else then send me a email here.

I need and something necessary, for you guys to do for me. Before the next Newsletter comes out, I need all the members to email me about the projects they are working on and their brief description. The description and the project names will be shown in the next newsletter. :D So look for the Projects section next time my friends and don't forget you can have your section in the Newsletter like Wijitmaker if whatever you have is important enough and interesting enough for the newletter. If any of you haven't recieved the earlier NEWSLETTER of 14th April 2001, contact me and I'll send it to you. It has some very important information about the Roman Mod!

-Mythical Pharoah (AKA Mythie)

Tues, April 14th 2001 by Mythical Pharoh:

WILDFIRE STUDIOS NEWSLETTER: Issue 14th April, 2001

Wildfire Studios is moving to SCNPUNK:

After a long time of hard work and working under stress conditions, Wildfire Studios has been able to fulfill the conditions required to be hosted by SCNPUNK. Being one of the greatest scenario design teams and sites on RTS games, Wildfire Studios is honored by SCNPUNK hosting them. Thus Wildfire Studios has shown that it is a team worthy for comparison with other teams.

Advantages: As you guys know, that SCNPUNK hosting Wildfire is not only a great honor, besides there are many advantages also. Their hosting will lead to our site being more visited, there will be more publicity of our projects and work, we get 16gb of space (that's a lot), we also get our own UBB forums and also some help from them for website design,etc.

- By Wijitmaker

Hope fully, all of you guys have seen the trailer of the Fall of Rome campaign. If not, you can see it here.

(http://www.geocities.com/wildfire_studios/rome.html)

Here are some more details:

The roman mod replaces the Meso American. Aztecs to Romans, and Mayans to Greeks. This mod will only effect this civ. So this means you that you won't have legionnaire while using the Asian civ.

You may be asking yourself, "why the meso's". The answer for these reasons:

1) Aztecs have the strong infantry (compliments Rome)

2) Neither have gunpowder (historically accurate)

3) we liked the AoE priest and Meso's had the extra slp's so it doesn't change the other civs.

4) There is only two to change (Aztecs and Mayans)!

5) We liked the fact that the Equites (roman cavalry) comes out of the barracks and has the characteristics of an infantry unit. (meaning it isn't bothered by pikeman, etc..)

While your advancing through the ages...

The feudal age has the them of the nomadic Roman War engine. It features building that are of a roman military tent style. When you advance to the castle age you will notice that the Romans have established themselves permanently. With their stone building. And when you reach the imperial age you will see the grandier of Rome. The unit replacement are as follows

Eagle Warrior : Equites

Jaguar Warrior : Legionnaire (Courtesy of Topknot)

Plumed Archer : AOE composite archer

Mayan Monk : AOE priest

The mod will be compete with sounds, and accompanied by a campaign. Look for it's release in late May.

Ensemble Studios Contest:

Ensemble Studios, the creator of our beloved game, Age Of Kings and The Conquerors, is holding another contest with great prizes. This time the scneario should be about a historical figure. This contest has some great pizes such as a Computer and a Digital Camcorder. Find more sbout the contest here www.ensemblestudios.com/contest.shtml

Wildfire Studios wishes you enter this Contest as your victory should and will bring fame to our team. Any fame that you bring to the team should lead to your promotion. If you guys need playtesters or any other help for the contest contact me here. I'll try to arrange for your problem immediately.

Forums:

Guys, the forums are dying, we need you to post more often in the forums. If you need any help at all you should post in the forums. Wildfire Studios will maek sure you will get help and support. Inform your other friends to visit our forums also. You can find the forums here

If you guys do not have ICQ, I suggest that you go to www.icq.com and download it asap.  ICQ is our main means of communication. I fguys want to contact any of us personally then you will need ICQ. The following is the list of ICQ's of almost all the members. I suggest you have all of them in your contact list. While requesting authorization from any member you may need to mention that you are from Wildfire Studios.

Wildfire Studios:

Dire Wolf - 84582564

Wijitmaker - 110030290

Smonz - 97095750

Belasarious - 109785675

DrunkenMime41 - 58854369

rpgmaker007 - 109986905

Corrupt Halberdier - 85305209

AshenShugar009 - alen009@msn.com (ICQ n/a)

excavios - superninja5@hotmail.com (ICQ n/a)

Myth Pharoah - 85544019

SUD Commander - 113927552

Bearded Dragon - 95489374

Revned - 112120439

The Piemater - 78457372

Well, guys that's all for this time. If you have any news you'd like to feature in the newsletter like, a project you're working on or anything else then send me a email here.

-Mythical Pharoah (AKA Mythie)

Tues, April 10th 2001 by Dire_Wolf

WILDFIRE STUDIO'S IS MOVING!!!

We have been considered to be hosted by SCN Punk.  Which is a great honor.  If you would like to know the implications of what this means, click HERE.

Tues, April 10th 2001 by Dire_Wolf

If you haven't noticed we have a ez ring link for Woad Creations.  We also are proud to announce two new members Bearded Dragon, maker of the "Fight for you Life" series, and The_Piemater, aka.  The_Piemaster :D.

Wed, April 4th 2001 by: Dire_Wolf

Wildfire Studios is now affiliated with Woad Creations! We are still accepting new members, if you want to join please post a message in our forums. Wildfire Studios is proud to anounce four new members! AshenShugar009, Excavios, Myth_Pharoh, and SUD_Commander

Mon, April 1st 2001        by: Wijitmaker

View the trailer for the FALL OF ROME Scenerio/Mod HERE

You got questions? I got answers ;)

I can't say I've been here as long as Wijit, but I have been here longer than Adam. I remember first being attracted by Josef's LOTR mod (now TLA) and while reading that massive thread, and participating in it a guy (who at the time felt like a show-off outsider) came showed us two 3D works of Noldor elves and a Gandalf (both based on movie, both extremely excellent). LOL, at the time I remember saying "heh, I like Josef's works better" but that's before I knew Adam was going to get involved with TLA (I thought he was just showing off, hey I was foolish at the time... merely a pup to the community). When Josef left and TLA was already down the path to become a game, Adam took over and I continued to follow it as a fan. Eventually I was asked to join, or I asked, I don't remember. Been with TLA ever since.

When you think about it, it's funny how THE purist Tolkien project began as a movie-based mod!