Sunday 19 CET A25 - Teamgame for testing balance !?

7 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Hello there seeh,

I tried to build with svn like you did above but I couldn't complete the make step. The error says i'm missing "boost/version.hpp". I looked for this file but didn't find it anywhere. Perhaps this is the problem you were referring to? This file is needed for source/lib/pch/pch_boost.h

Any help would be appreciated!

If you are on macOS you have to run an extra step ;) (Do it before update-workspaces.sh)

You need to run https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/libraries/osx/build-osx-libs.sh

Only once (we're unlikely to change it before A26)

So something like

cd ps/trunk/libraries/osx/

./build-osx-libs.sh -j13

Note that 13 is your number of cpu cores +1

8 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Hello there seeh,

I tried to build with svn like you did above but I couldn't complete the make step. The error says i'm missing "boost/version.hpp". I looked for this file but didn't find it anywhere. Perhaps this is the problem you were referring to? This file is needed for source/lib/pch/pch_boost.h

Any help would be appreciated!

maybe better read official https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions . ( https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/48924-sunday-19-cet-a25-teamgame-for-testing-balance/?do=findComment&comment=443350 )
i used this script for 024 and trough it into my 025. it works :wine: now but i don't know if its recomandet way. was my foult i in hurry too much yesternday

Edited by seeh

3 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Better for balancing, as now  archers are of the appropriate strength. However, melee is no longer that OP and javelineers may become just mediocre. However, cavalry is still great. 

Cavalry is much more nimble than before, thanks to the new pathfinder. It stacks in worm-like fast moving columns and reacts faster to orders, also camel archers can more easily evade spear cav, ignoring any chokepoint. They are still quite effective.

Will meta still shift towards melee? Something to try next time: archer rushes.

Cavalry is great.

However when I send my horde  30 to 50 plus a hero to capture a building it seems they all aim for the same point and then the 'ball' slowly unwinds to eventually surround the whole building.

I'm just thinking I may have to break them up into several control groups and aim them to just miss the building on different sides.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Old Roman said:

However when I send my horde  30 to 50 plus a hero to capture a building it seems they all aim for the same point and then the 'ball' slowly unwinds to eventually surround the whole building.

Yeah, I know. But it's a bit less painful now with the push mechanics. Before, watching my >100 army including pedestrians trying to wrap around a CC, constantly blocking each other in the process, was a real exercise in zen...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

@MarcusAureliu#s@ValihrAnt

Does anyone want to try the new RC#4 in a similar setup this Sunday at the same time? Since it appears to me that the "charging" bug was removed in RC4 I think we can get a feel for the balance of units and civs by playing this version.

I might have time

Final (I believe but my beliefs can be wrong) RC made available by Stan'. 

Let's play?

@borg_ @Feldfeld @chrstgtr @Stockfish @ffffffff@nani@Pudim@JC (naval supremacist)@Yekaterina@carthage@BoredRusher@Boudica@vinme@Dakara@Dizaka@faction02@cl2488@Jofursloft@Wendy22@badosu @MarcusAureliu#s@BreakfastBurrito_007@aixo@bbgotbanned@letsplay0ad@alre@Yekaterina@Gurken Khan@flint1@seeh

On 04/08/2021 at 2:09 AM, Stan` said:

Here is the fifth 'Release Candidate' of Alpha 25 - Yaunā

We've entered Commit Freeze, which means we only now fix Release Blocker issues that we might yet find.

Downloads - Current bundles are for SVN revision 25848

Things to note:

• Mind your mods -> they might introduce issues or Out Of Sync.
  • Save your A24 config file somewhere, ideally.

Notable changes since the last bundle:

• Broken run variant fixed.
  • Some formation could trigger errors fixed.
  • Patrolling and attack walk unit when in formation fixed.
  • Formation gathering treasures fixed.
  • Map generation of ngorongoro fixed

What to do if I have an error or notice something weird?

Post your commands.txt (replay) and the interestinglog.html file from your folder. You can also reply to this thread.

What to do if the game crashes?

Update your crashlog.dmp and crashlog.txt  see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

What to do if I have an Out Of Sync?

You should go in your logs folder, find the replay (commands.txt at least), the mainlog/interestinglog and find the OOS dump folder. Zip all these files and upload them here.
We need the reports from two players to compare them: One OOS and one non-OOS players at least should upload their oos_dump files.

Things you may want to test (non-exhaustive)

1. Launch a random game
  2. Launch a skirmish.
  3. Connect to the lobby
  4. Play on the lobby with someone
  5. Launch Atlas and try things out there
  6. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) (It's in scenarios)
  7. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu) See this  video
  8. Connect to and use mod.io
  9. Test replaying new games
  10. Test Screenshots (F2)
  11. Test Big Screenshots (Maj+F2)
  12. Test hotkeys
  13. Test Saving and loading a game.
  14. Test Quickload/Quicksave

And of course playing games.

Edited by Dizaka
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...