What do you think of my model?

Tonight I've been working on a Greek temple. B-) I got the idea from concept art for AoM, I based my model on this picture:

Link

It's still a long way to go until it's finished, but I wanted to know your opinion about how it looks for now, here are some pictures:

With Light and Shadows

Without Lightning

Not that at the right side of the main building there a building similar to the small building on the left.

No, that's a concept from AoM, like he said :P I think

It's a good start - is that for a game or something? If it is, it's pretty high in polygons, you might want to consider making the pilars less round and making the stairs into a flat surface which you can then put a "stairs" texture on.

U drew(sp?) that? Amazing!

Aldaron you are such a funny guy, I wish I drew that, but I haven't.

What will this be for?

Euhh, nothing, I just like modeling and I have no idea of where I could use it :P

No, that's a concept from AoM, like he said  :P  I think

That's right CheeZy

It's a good start - is that for a game or something? If it is, it's pretty high in polygons, you might want to consider making the pilars less round and making the stairs into a flat surface which you can then put a "stairs" texture on.

It's VERY HIGH polygon, but since it's not for in a game I don't really care ;). And about the stairs, I could do that maybe, but I'm not really a star with textures, but I'll see.

Anyway, thanks for the nice comments you all gave to me. :drug:

You don't need Photoshop. GIMP (http://gimp.org) is free and just like Photoshop. And it can open photoshop files.

Thanks for the info :drug:

Arugluise (Sp?)

:ph34r: I really should have picked another name, it's ARGALIUS.

Argualius

:D

Nice work, I like the details on the horses  If you're going to be modding for 0AD then I think you definatly could put up some skill

Too bad, but Wijit rejected me :D But don't lets be sad, let's be happy :drug: And btw, I really s*ck with texturing, I want to improve it but I have no clue how :-(

Hehe, in about 6 months to a year you should be able to match our skill, or atleast be at a similar level.

6 months ago if I had tried to join as a modeller I probably would be rejected too, infact I got in as a scenario designer with an intent at doing art for the game. Though I'm not as good as Wijit I've gotten alot better with my 3d Skills, but my prime is textures, and those are really important.

If you don't have good texture skills then your 3d artwork will seriously be hindered :ph34r: Texture skills is a must for 3d artists.

The way to improve your texture skills is to just do it :D as with anything the only way to learn it is to do it and build experiance. That's how I learned, though it's taken 3 years to get to where I am now. The best part though is that things never stop getting better, you will always learn more and more the more you use a program, even if you are already a pro at it.

Texture skills is a must for 3d artists.

I know, now I have a really big handicap :D

The way to improve your texture skills is to just do it  :ph34r:  as with anything the only way to learn it is to do it and build experiance

I know, I'm working on it, but I want to mix different textures in to one in 3ds max, but it doesn't work. :D