Mentuhotep

Just now, Mentuhotep said:

Herman Junker guides JOSEPH GOEBBLES around the Giza necropolis. (Look at images under)

Hermann Junker (November 29, 1877 in Bendorf – January 9, 1962 in Vienna) was a German archaeologist
best known for his discovery of the Merimde-Benisalam site in the West Nile Delta in Lower Egypt in 1928.
Paul Joseph Goebbels 29 October 1897 – 1 May 1945) was a German Nazi politician and Reich Minister of Propaganda of Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945. He was one of Adolf Hitler's closest and most devoted associates, and was known for his skills in public speaking and his deeply virulent antisemitism, which was evident in his publicly voiced views. He advocated progressively harsher discrimination, including the extermination of the Jews in the Holocaust.

Oswald Menghin (19 April 1888 – 29 November 1973) was an Austrian Prehistorian and University professor. He established an international reputation before the War, while he was professor at the University of Vienna. His work on race and culture was serviceable to the German nationalist movement of the 1930s. At the time of the Anschluss he served as Minister of Education in the cabinet formed by Arthur Seyß-Inquart. He avoided indictment as a war criminal and resumed his career in Argentina after the war.

4th pic. 2nd from left...George Andrew Reisner Jr. (November 5, 1867 – June 6, 1942) was an American archaeologist of Ancient Egypt, Nubia and Palestine.
In a 1918 bulletin for the museum of Fine Arts Boston, he wrote, “The native negroid race had never developed either its trade or any industry worthy of mention, and owed their cultural position to the Egyptian immigrants and to the imported Egyptian civilization.”.........he also said that the 25th dynasty was not black but a Egypto-Libyan ruling class.

Pic 4 man on far right Ludwig Borchardt (October 5, 1863 – August 12, 1938) was a German Egyptologist who was born in Berlin. He is best known for finding a famous bust of Nefertiti at Amarna.

4th pic man in white pants... James Henry Breasted (/ˈbrɛstɪd/; August 27, 1865 – December 2, 1935) was an American archaeologist, Egyptologist, and historian. After completing his PhD at the University of Berlin in 1894, he joined the faculty of the University of Chicago. In 1901 he became director of the Haskell Oriental Museum at the university, where he continued to concentrate on Egypt. In 1905 Breasted was promoted to full professor, and held the first chair in Egyptology and Oriental History in the United States.

Yes, a lot of the early Egyptologists were explicitly racist and I addressed this head on, even in my very first post in this thread. The whitewashing done by previous generations of academics does not give us carte blanche to blackwash all of them in the current generation. Two wrongs don't make a right. 

I can also fully guarantee 99.999% of people have not seen the other statue of Heminunu (Posted image below with the broken nose) 

IMG-5948.jpg

That statue on the left isn't Hemiunu. That's Akhmeretnesut, "superintendent of the Royal gardens". He's from a different dynasty and the statue was found in different tomb. 

https://collections.mfa.org/objects/140412

So should we be suspicious of your posts? 

And I shouldn’t be suspicious of the Heminunu statue?!

You obscured the original head prior to restoration with text. Let people judge for themselves if the statue was accurately restored or not:

Hemiunu statue head egypt.jpg

The “reserve heads” over 30 heads were found mostly in Gizza reign of Khufu 4th dynasty. They are difficult to interpret or understand but
called “reserve heads” because a German archaeologist POSTULATED that there purpose was to replace the heads of the deceased but some think they were molds or models for the sculptors. Almost all show signs of deliberate mutilation except one, which led scholars to theorized that they served a magical function during the burial ceremonies but were ritualistically killed to prevent harm to the deceased. This practice was in used for a short period of time.

So I'll say one more time I shouldn’t be suspicious of the Heminunu statue?! 

None of those other reserve heads depict Hemiunu and were not found in his tomb, so they have no relevance to the Hemiunu statue or its head, which isn't even a reserve head but the original head, found broken off besides the statue. 

IMG-5947.jpg

In this case, G4000 refers to a cemetery, not a single tomb. "G4000" is also used interchangeably with Hemiunu's mastaba, which can understandably cause confusion, but none of reserve heads come from Hemiunu's mastaba, but from other tombs in this fairly large cemetary. The location of all the reserve heads found are depicted in this plan, indicated with small circles. The large mastaba (4000) on top, belongs to Hemiunu, and as you can see, none of the reserve heads come from that mastaba. 

G4000 cemetery.jpg

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333095517_The_'Reserve_Heads'_some_remarks_on_their_function_and_meaning

IMG-5949.jpg

Edited by Mentuhotep

That's because that fragment was actually found in Hemiunu's mastaba...

The 8th picture in this link: http://giza.fas.harvard.edu/sites/999/full/

462437454-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

None of those 3 older mummies had full genome sequences because the DNA was too degraded.

Full genome sequence is not the same thing than genome wide sequencing. In archeology, full genome sequencing is very rare. However, genome wide sequencing is common now. The difference is that with genome wide sequencing you take various markers at various positions of the genome. 

I don't see this as an issue, this is far enough for a comparison study.

And all the mumies came from a single location 100 km south of the Delta,

Abusir el-Meleq is a great choice I think. It wasn't a unconnected and remote location in Egypt. It had ties with religious and political powers. I don't think the sample is not representative of the average Egyptian, although they are maybe missing local input from foreign population like it could have been in the South or in the North-East.

3 hours ago, Sundiata said:

The study involved genetic material from only 3 mummies from the New Kingdom, out of 90 mummies. The other 87 were from later periods, post-New Kingdom.

True, they put all the 44 Pre-Ptolemaic samples in the same group and New Kingdom is only a small part. Good point. 

I honestly wouldn't have suspected any common ancestry using the proxies they used...

Because you are clever and not following ideologies. Listening to the claims of some Black nationalists/supremacists, I have the feelings they believe Egypt was mostly black (aka Sub-Saharan) until very recently. Which is at least contradicted by this study.

3 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Perhaps this illustration will emphasize the pointlessness of a "black vs white Egypt"-debate, which isn't only completely anachronistic, as those modern categories meant next to nothing to ancient Nile populations, but also because Ancient Egyptian identity wasn't a racial identity in the first place but a cultural, religious, linguistic and political one. Egypt has always been a crossroads between North Africa and the broader Mediterranean, the Levant and the Middle East in general, and Nubia and Subsaharan Africa.

I entirely agree. This labeling is pure ideology. Ancient Egypt is an African civilization that's all. Even if they weren't as dark of skin as modern subsaharan, they weren't white. And they were dark skinned Egyptians as they were also light skinned Egyptians as well since Egypt is a culture, not a race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mentuhotep said:

I will leave my information up for 24 hours before I delete my posts - just incase people want to further critically research what I have postulated instead of blindlessly dismissing it. 

I was about to give you some feedback regarding your communication, but - I just wish you all the best instead.

Spoiler

I hate ragequitters' mass deletions, so I thought about putting Mentuhotep's posts here, but - I just gonna do sth more enjoyable now.