Hi i'm Vallon

Julia Ormond :P

I guess its a personal preference, but the whole lancelot story really annoys me.  Yes, its a pivital part of Monmouth's story... but I just don't like it.  I guess perfer putting Arthur and Gwen on a moral pedistal :P

I'm also a big fan of the "True" king Arthur vs. the "Legendary" king Arthur.  The history of the british isles from 400-600 AD has always facinated me :P

So if this movie isn't just a bunch of battle scenes in a grungy/dark age view of camelot... i'll be happy... but I have a feeling it will be...

lol, thats exactly what I want. No glitz, no glamour - just history and an epic story!

:P Julia Ormond = Gorgeous... and that accent, darn...

But I hear ya on the whole Lancelot love triangle thing... it does seem to take attention away from Arthur and Lancelot as a great knight. But I dunno, I like it sometimes. Sometimes I like to indulge in the romantic view of Camelot and the "glory" of the age of chivalry and honor... but there's other times where I just want a raw and gritty historically accurate representation.

I honestly don't mind a gritty/dark age version of Arthur that's more historically accurate. But in Hollywood, there's very few epic "historical" movies which hold true to the history they're based upon. Braveheart is a shining example...

I hope it's an interesting movie though, and that there's more substance to the story than just loosely linked battle scenes.

---

To everyone else, thanx for the welcoming words.... lots of nice people here...

:P

Someone asked if I had sketches...

I don't have anything scanned right now, but hopefully I will get to at some point in the near future. I haven't done this stuff in a long time, but it's reawakening an interest in me. So patience...

As far as helping out with any Arthurian storylines, I wouldn't mind contributing... i'm by no means an Arthurian scholar... but I do know quite a bit about the legends, and i'm creative... so if I can help, lemme know. :P

Anyhow, thanx again for the nice welcome

--vallon