Some bugs

Player of 0AD

- worker eles cant be garrisoned in CCs if standing at the corner
- units in formations often fail to gather resources, to be garrisoned, and to be shown as idle

- athenian docks cant train soldiers without the iphicrates tech even this does not match the description of that tech

- some people cant host games in the lobby, and others cant join matches of certain hosts

- multiplayer matches often crash for no apparent reason

- groups can fail to build buildings if some members are standing on the constructionsite

- workers dont take the closest resource to the dropsite, but the closest resource to their last resource

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

- worker eles cant be garrisoned in CCs if standing at the corner
- units in formations often fail to gather resources, to be garrisoned, and to be shown as idle

- athenian docks cant train soldiers without the iphicrates tech even this does not match the description of that tech

- some people cant host games in the lobby, and others cant join matches of certain hosts

- multiplayer matches often crash for no apparent reason

- groups can fail to build buildings if some members are standing on the constructionsite

- workers dont take the closest resource to the dropsite, but the closest resource to their last resource

Is this for A24 or A25?

6 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Is this for A24 or A25?

It sounds true for a25. I've had problems garrisoning eles, maybe it was because of a corner. Can't judge on the Athenian dock or the MP issues, but units blocking a construction site and gatherers making terrible decisions on where to go are definitely majorly annoying in a25.

2 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

1) - groups can fail to build buildings if some members are standing on the constructionsite

2) - workers dont take the closest resource to the dropsite, but the closest resource to their last resource

1) This make sense no?

2) Also makes sense otherwise they would not return for resources that are far away (hunting), a fix could be to check for more resources near the dropsite if they can't find any more near the last resource

1 hour ago, Freagarach said:

Do you mean merge replays from savegames? You need to make sure the next replay starts their turn number adjecent to the former replay. So either manual or using a script.
A minimal replay would be best of course. ;)

Turns out I can't figure it out ad hoc. One example I found might be a border case:

oad-wrongwood.jpg.4041242d2dba7d4a8b7f40f2004c4061.jpg

My women were lured from 1 to 2 and kept chopping in that area although 3 was nearer to their original storehouse and right beside another storehouse. I remember a more annoying example from that game, but it seems I broke the save by opening it a couple of times; or so it seemed, actually the game now crashes with a similar error message every time I want to open the open saved game dialog:

0ad-100014.jpg.9a3b64e0009702dd8041bc58274f09a5.jpg

Spoiler

Recently I uploaded a savegame and then it was corrupted on my machine; I downloaded the upload and then it worked again.

I would look out for examples, but since my laptop is in the process of dying I might not play too much in the near future.

27 minutes ago, nani said:

1) This make sense no?

I don't think so; they're clearly trying to get off the site but are (sometimes) too dumb to actually manage it. Although admittedly the last example I'm thinking of it was a large building and the units in question had a moving order which seemed to throw them in an unsolvable confusion.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

the game now crashes with a similar error message every time I want to open the open saved game dialog

And I also wasn't able to save a game (=>crash). Deleting the fake save file I clumsily tried to manufacture seems to have solved these issues.

If someone gave me a more detailed instruction to merge replays than 'do it manually' I might try it again. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2021 at 3:17 PM, Freagarach said:

This should be improved a lot in A25 vs A24, can you please check again and provide us with some reference (e.g. video or replay) to this behaviour?

0ad-nothattreeoverthere.jpg.26c10d3171a40e15c24665b4fda66367.jpg

Here's another example of woodcutters making sub-optimal decisions. Even if they take the top corner of the harbor as reference point, the woman on the very right really needs to squeeze by some trees to get to her preferred location.