Adventures in Rollerblading

WOW!!! That's wierd. I prefer to BMX though. I'm still learning though.

Matt you don't even have a bike :D

Ok ok, comming from the center of all weird culture like this, let me explain the "saggin" to the outdated/european folk :lol:

Most people don't actually sag, well they do, but not so much in California.When everyone else starts doing what people do in California, we stop doing it :(.

Anyway theres 2 types of saggin. There is "maximum saggin" where most of a man's @#$% would be exposed if he had not been wearing boxers. Then theres the Casual/Standard sag, the "formal" sag known to some, it's where the pants are slightly bellow the "belt line", or the widest part of one's hips. To prevent a little @#$%-crack from showing the boxers are usually at normal height where "normal" pants would be on, and that completes the look.

So long as you wear decently long shirts and don't bend down too much this is perfectly acceptable. However, the maximum saggin' isn't cool unless you're a skater :D Inline or not. If other people do maximum saggin, then they are considered geh. Not Gay, but geh, or maybe even ghey. As in "uncool" since that's what the word gay has come to mean.

As for baggin/saggin while skating, yeah it helps because heavier pants = more momentum = more air. Or atleast that's what people like to think. I don't think there is that much of a difference. In the 70s all the skaters had maximum short shorts, they were just as good, though maybe not so extreme.

Ah and since we're talking about the issue of proper clothing, let's twist it on the female side :o You gal's don't like the maximum sagging, well I've a complaint too. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like to see those maximum thongs. Almost every girl wears them now, I never was a big fan since it's so skankifying :D I don't think girl's really get it but underpants are all the same to guys :( They'll only care about them if they're off, not how fancy or thin they are ;) Deep down inside, that's how guys are :D

As for baggin/saggin while skating, yeah it helps because heavier pants = more momentum = more air. Or atleast that's what people like to think. I don't think there is that much of a difference. In the 70s all the skaters had maximum short shorts, they were just as good, though maybe not so extreme.

Hahaha.. I don't care who yuo are, that's funny. No offence Bobby, but I couldn't disagree with you more.

I'll start off by this

(chichigrande @ May 2 2004, 03:49)

I have a bike. It's not a good bike, but it orks. It's a diamond. A lot of the time I just use my friends' bike.

I believe what your going for is a Diamond Back and to Cheezy's post .... you have your own perceptions of "sagging" but please don't involve all of California in this because trust your thoughts on this are not at what everyone else in California thinks, and that whole mass=air theory is soooo far off i dont think that god can get you back on, some rollerbladers do it because it gives a far better range of motion, otherwise your pants bunch up when there pulled up and its far harder to jump, the other reason people do it is because it is there "style". I've read some responses in this and it makes, well should i say "angry" that people make fun of someone's "style." I'm sure that if we tell a lot of people that we do for fun has to do with (insert hobby) they would make fun of us, why? because our "style" is different? Wow, if you say you don't care about this then that is a lie because if it does not offend you then you either have very low self-esteem and like it when people make fun of you or that you dont take your "style" seriously. I guess you would have to know rollerblading to know just how important your "style" is to your uniqueness, and thats whats sets rollerblading apart from most other hobbies or past times, its the fact that we all get a long and theres no making fun of other peoples "style." Maybe you should look past your conformist lifestyle and except other people's "styles."