0 A.D. $50 Cash Cup

DerekO

Hello Everyone, It's been a long time since we've had a tournament. to set everything into motion we having our first cash cup tournament, in the pool is $50 and to celebrate our first one, everyone can join for free. Dates will be September 2nd - October 15th  (estimated 1 - 2 rounds every Friday and Saturday)  We'll be expecting at least 32 players to join more details below:

Dates: September 2nd - October 15th (extensions if need be)

How to Register: To register please, say your "in-game-name" and rating (also message me your email address for check-in)
 you need to register on challonge: https://challonge.com/0ad1v1 this is also where the bracket will be hosted

How will the Games be Played?

The Games will be a Best of 3 Matches

Which Maps will be Played?

Mainland, Libyan Oasis, and Death Canyon

What should be the Map size(s)

Games should be played on the Small or Medium Map Size

If you want to contact me about something how should I?

Respond to this post or email me at: derek@owumi.me

Game Settings:

Population Limit: 300

Starting Resources: Low

Mode: Conquest

Spies: Allowed

Treasure - Off

Explored Map: Off

Revealed Map: Off

Cheats: Disabled

Game Speed: Normal (x1)

Ceasefire: None

Spectators: Allowed

Tournament Rules:

Recordings: Send Files to me via Email - derek@owumi.me or Reply to this Post

Play-style: Best of 3

1v1

Double Elimination

Banning Phase:

Both Players can ban 1 Civilizations (Bans affects both player and it can be cancelled off)

Player Ethics:

Do not be rude

Do not pause the game before loosing

Do not Pause the game without asking for permission from your enemy and the host

If any of these rules are broken you may be kicked or banned from the tournament completely

If you're in any way interested feel free to register with any of the ways given. Wish you the best of luck in competing!

Put questions in the comments sections

Edited by DerekO
Fixed Links
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind putting my skills to the test. I assume the tournament will be played on A25.

Also I think it should be defined whether map sizes are small or normal. If I were the weaker player I would prefer a normal sized map, meaning that attacks come a little later and supply lines of the enemy are longer, this would allow me to have a little more time before I need to be ready. If I were the stronger player, I would prefer a small map. So to avoid clashes on map sizes, I think there should be some rules about the map size.

Also could you give a description how people select the factions they play? Are they allowed to repeat factions?

1 minute ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Also could you give a description how people select the factions they play? Are they allowed to repeat factions?

Players are allowed to choose the same faction, as long as it wasn’t banned.

I’ll set it at small as all games will be balanced. Group stages will put equally matched players in each 

7 hours ago, PrincipalityOfZeon said:

Is the 1v1 rated?

no

Is civ. choice: Random allowed?

it is, but if the player gets a banned sim, he is forced to chose one

s there re. if the starting location(s) has subjectively little to no wood

yes allowed up to 2 times

what happens when ppl "dc", "desync", or "crash"?

he will have 15 minutes to join back, if that is not met he will forfeit that match, if this is done on the second or first match, he is given another 15 minutes to join the second/third play-off. if he doesn't come then he automatically looses the match.

Hope that answers your questions man!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gui456wSERTDYF said:

I am trying to annotate for the tournament. I created an account in Challonge but they never send me the "account verification email"... I have already tried "resend email" like 4 times.

Could you please inform your real name in the game, please?

2 hours ago, gui456wSERTDYF said:

I am trying to annotate for the tournament. I created an account in Challonge but they never send me the "account verification email"... I have already tried "resend email" like 4 times.

prob in the SPAM. my verification was into the SPAM

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...