How many classes do you have?

11, in the most conservative subject count.

(Bio, Arabic, English, Comp Sci, Math, Bible, History, Heb Lit, Heb Composition, Traffic, Gym)

If I counted in another way - Since certain subjects, like Bio and Comp Sci are split further - I could reach more subjects.

I have some subjects as much as 5-6 hours a week (Math, Arabic and History) and some as few as once a week (Heb Composition and Traffic).

Dutch, English, French, Latin, history, geography, religion/philosophy, maths, chemics, physics, biology, sports, computer science.

That makes 13 :yiepie:

Well that was what I had when I was still in high school. At university I have:

Historical criticism, language and text structures, modern literature, art history, philosophy, new age task, prehistorical age task, historical practice, pre- and protohistory, medieval history, new age history, newest age history, 3rd world history.

So that's 13 too.

chemics, physics, biology

Chemistry AND Physics AND Biology? Were any of these electives? At what level were they studied, for how many grades?

I only had to take all three of these subjects one year (10th grade)... and I was so glad to drop Chem and Physics.

Well our system goes like this:

You choose your area of interest. I'll only give the highest choices because otherwise my description would be too long :yiepie:

Science

Maths

Languages

If you choose science you'll get everything but a bit less maths and less languages but more science

If you choose maths you'll get a bit less science and less languages but more maths

If you choose languages you get very little math and science but a lot of languages (dutch, english, french, latin, spanish and german).

You take this choice in the 3rd your of high school. So 4 years long you'll get all this stuff. Each year you'll get the same classes but of course the level gets higher.

The importance is calculated in hours a week, so in my case (I took Latin-maths with 6 hours of maths which is a bit more oriented to science):

Dutch (4), English (2), French (3), Latin (4), history (2), geography (1), religion/philosophy (2), maths (6), chemics (2), physics (2), biology (2), sports (2), computer science (1).

The science I had was the highest level you could choose but the science students get for each class one hour extra. They don't get any theory in that hour though, only practical stuff like labs. I had the highest level of science because I did 6 hours of maths instead of 8.

• 1 month later...

At the moment I have 0 as I am on summer vacation. During university this year I had 5.

- Early Modern Europe

- Foundations of Physics

- Calculus!

- Politics

- Modern Europe

In my last year of High school I had.

- English (OAC)

- Calculus (OAC)

- Algeo (OAC)

- Physics (OAC)

- Economics (OAC)

- Philosophy (OAC)

- European History (APC)

• 1 month later...

3, lol, our schools based on projects so we have 3 cores classes in the morning, and the rest of the afternoon to work on projects that we pick for fullfilling credits and such. Next year I hope to teach a core class, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to, (it's a project of mine).

-Sparks

On my next semester, I will have 4 classes.

6 hours of Japanese language

3 hours of Japanese history (until Meiji)

3 hours of Corean culture

3 hours of East-Aisan history (until modern times)

each week.

That will be cool! That is East-Asian Studies

:)

Nihon no you ni!

• 3 weeks later...