Add generals

13 hours ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

I don't know what u are talking about, he looks pissed, as all spartans should be. Anyway a more pressing matter would be why is he in the game? From what little I know he did little but get beaten by Antipater.

I have definitely argued against his inclusion; it is in conflict with the central point of the game, controlling civilisations during their apex.  There are much better choices than him.  Lysander could be an option, but he doesn't really reflect the core Spartan ethos.  I would much rather argue for Agesilaus II.  

Other heroes I would say should be replaced include Iphicrates and Cleopatra, neither of which represent the golden ages of their factions.

I think Iphicrates is nice, who would you include? Solon? Xnophon, who is already in the editor at least. As for poor Cleo's place, we already got the two ptolemies, so perhaps a prominent general or admiral in the ptolemaic army. Btw how hard is it to make an actor?

Edited by PyrrhicVictoryGuy

1 hour ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

I think Iphicrates is nice, who would you include? Solon? Xnophon, who is already in the editor at least. As for poor Cleo's place, we already got the two ptolemies, so perhaps a prominent general or admiral in the ptolemaic army. Btw how hard is it to make an actor?

I would argue for either Kimon or Miltiades; we're thinking about the Athenian golden age, and that generally constrains us to the Persian or the Peloponnesian Wars.  I could see a reason behind using Solon although his role would potentially overlap with Pericles to an extent.  Xenophon would frankly be an awful choice; he was more sympathetic to Sparta than Athens.  I do think think that heroes like him however would be interesting to have as mercenary heroes that could be recruited along with the likes of Memnon and Clearchus.  Xenophon should be represented as a cavalry hero though, not an infantry one.

I'm not particularly familiar with Ptolemaic history to weigh in on a suitable replacement for Cleopatra, but I'm sure something could be found.

44 minutes ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

What happened to Pyrrhus? His helmet is in the editor...

Pyrrhus would also be a great addition by far.  Honestly I'm not sure how much this sort of a option would be enjoyed as a staple to the game, but I could definitely see it introduced either as a mod or an alternate game mode.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

Pyrrhus would also be a great addition by far.  Honestly I'm not sure how much this sort of a option would be enjoyed as a staple to the game, but I could definitely see it introduced either as a mod or an alternate game mode.

The problem with heroes is that if you want to add a lot of them, you need to add more factions and then you would get a civ roster that is like 60 % greek

1 hour ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

The problem with heroes is that if you want to add a lot of them, you need to add more factions and then you would get a civ roster that is like 60 % greek

The thing is that Greek mercenaries were a common thing.  Greeks hired them, as did Persians.  Obviously you could add other notable mercenary leaders that were not Greek; I only mention Greeks because Hellenic studies is kind of my thing.  That said, heroes do not require factions to exist.  Xenophon is an example of this.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

The thing is that Greek mercenaries were a common thing.  Greeks hired them, as did Persians.  Obviously you could add other notable mercenary leaders that were not Greek; I only mention Greeks because Hellenic studies is kind of my thing.  That said, heroes do not require factions to exist.  Xenophon is an example of this.  

Indeed. In Atlas you could have 100 heroes for scenarios and campaigns, but in-game still limit them to 3 per faction.