English text strings

• 5 weeks later...

After a pause, I went again to Transifex and found this string, which meaning is unclear to me:

Send the selected units on attack move to the specified location after dropping resources.

Either this sentence lacks a verb or something, or I simply fail to understand as non-native English speaker. Thanks for help! :)

The same string is used in two locations:

gui/session/unit_actions.js:1476
gui/hotkeys/spec/ingame.jsonmapped_hotkeys.ingame.session.calltoarms.desc

(hopefully, I got the locations right)

Edited by Ceres

I have difficulties in understanding several "issues" (comments) for the German translation, especially since some comments are neither in English, nor in German, e.g. in Italian:

https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/translate/#de/$/26723748?q=issue%3Aopen

Or Portug./Brasilian:

https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/translate/#de/$/26724768?q=issue%3Aopen

Have they maybe been misplaced somehow?

And here is another topic which I do not understand:

https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/translate/#de/$/26724715?q=issue%3Aopen

6 years ago:

We should just display the map size (approximate) for skirmish/scenario maps instead of having "Map size: Very Large" and similar in actual map descriptions.

2 years ago:

@leper Moved to the issue tracker, as it is not trivial to fix: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/5426#ticket

@Stan`Can you or somebody else please help me understanding this? Thank you! :)

Edited by Ceres

26 minutes ago, Ceres said:

[Send the selected units on attack move to the specified location after dropping resources.)

Either this sentence lacks a verb or something, or I simply fail to understand as non-native English speaker. Thanks for help! :)

'Sende die ausgewählten Einheiten in einer Angriffsbewegung zu der angegebenen Position nachdem Ressourcen abgeladen wurden.'

O.s.ä. Ich spiele auf englisch, deswegen bin ich mit den deutschen Termini nicht vertraut.

Bzgl. 5426 weiss ich nicht wo du hängst oder wieviel ich von dem Gegenstand verstehe. ~'Wir sollten die (ungefähre) Größe bei den x/y Karten anzeigen statt dass wir "Kartengröße: sehr groß" oder ähnliches in den hardkodierten Karten-Beschreibungen verwenden.'

btw

0ad-missingbullet.jpg.4c734560ef4517d2fd4dbc4b2f9da717.jpg

There's a bullet point missing in the German translation of the manual.

hth

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot, das hilft! :) BTW, your sig is hilarious! :D

And as usual - when I read the English sentence with a different pronunciation/emphasis in my head, I understand it well. ;)

I have added the missing German translations. Now we are back to 100% translated (as of today). Not sure, though, if these strings are also for e.g. the "Delenda Est" mod, or only for vanilla a25.

PS:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone
pointed out that we shall not yet worry about translating his mod, as it is subject to change and some parts of it might flow into the standard game anyway (and will then be translated). These are my words, and I hope that I correctly reflect his post, which by the way makes perfect sense to me. :)

Edited by Ceres
  • Thanks 1

On 30/08/2021 at 3:23 PM, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-missingbullet.jpg.4c734560ef4517d2fd4dbc4b2f9da717.jpg

There's a bullet point missing in the German translation of the manual.

Thank you for the hint! I've corrected this in Transifex.

@Stan` Does this automatically become available in SVN?

And how can I filter in Transifex to see unreviewed text strings and exclude strings that I translated myself? (as I shall not review my own translations)

Edited by Ceres

1 hour ago, Ceres said:

` Does this automatically become available in SVN?

Automatically yes, immediately no. Translations need to be pulled first. Usually happens twice a week .

I believe you can use the filters. Per resource. There is a way to see all strings but I never remember how.

• Like 1

Alas, it's not possible to filter for strings one want to review but that one has not translated oneself. If people are interested to vote for this feature, please consider going there: https://community.transifex.com/t/add-filter-translator-not-me-for-better-review-selection/385/7

PS: I contacted Trasifex about this missing filter function and they responded that they would discuss and might consider it. ;)

Edited by Ceres

• 1 month later...

@Stan`@Gurken Khan

After a while, we have new English strings that have not yet been translated (e.g. to German). I stumbled over these 2, kindly asking you to explain to me if the left part ("hotkey.session.pushorderfront" and "hotkey.selection.singleselection") also needs to be translated (or not, if it is a kind of placeholder, which is not clear to me):

hotkey.session.pushorderfront + Right Click – Modifier to push any order in front of the order queue.

hotkey.selection.singleselection – Modifier to select units individually, opposed to per formation.

So would this be correct?

hotkey.session.pushorderfront + Rechts-Klick – Modifizierer zum Voranstellen eines jeglichen Auftrags in der Reihe der Aufträge

hotkey.selection.singleselection – Modifizierer zum individuellen Auswählen von Einheiten, im Gegensatz zur Formation.

Oh, and there is one, where I have no idea of its English meaning (In-Game GUI). Which item? And why is it shown in parentheses?

(This item is paused.)

Merci bien! Vielen Dank! :)

Edited by Ceres

@Ceres Irgendwo werden die hotkeys doch übersetzt; weiss aber nicht an welcher Stelle.

Hinter "Aufträge" fehlt 'n Punkt.

Vllt. ist es Dir nach @Freagarachs Link schon klar, aber: das Pausen-Symbol ist ja generisch, d.h. es kann sich auf ein beliebiges Objekt bzw. Auftrag beziehen; werden solche GUI-Hinweise generell in Klammern angezeigt?

Im Handbuch finden sich übrigens noch etliche englische Wörter, wenn Du von unten kuckst stößt Du schnell drauf (Delete, MouseMiddle...).

• Thanks 1