Windows 11 codename : Sun Valley

1 hour ago, smiley said:

Yes it is. You get rolling updates, repos are sourced from arch, installation is easy and KDE images comes with great out of the box config. The manjaro and arch community don't get along, half because arch users are douches, half because manjaro users can't read the manual and somehow always end up in arch discussions. But that's a battle for people with way too much free time.

The logo doesn't matter in the least, so if you want Arch repos, rolling updates and don't want to manually install a system, go for it.

On Arch, AUR is enabled by default and in Manjaro you have to use Octopi (not sure what the gui is called these days) to enable snaps and AUR before you can use them ;) 

Tbh I just use yay helper

Manjaro comes with pamac which supports seamless AUR installations. I am pretty sure there is a GUI for that too.

It's just a kernel along with userland software. Like I said, aside from the repos, the only difference is the logo.

49 minutes ago, smiley said:

Manjaro comes with pamac which supports seamless AUR installations. I am pretty sure there is a GUI for that too.

It's just a kernel along with userland software. Like I said, aside from the repos, the only difference is the logo.

You have just successfully convinced me to try Manjaro again in a virtual machine. Thanks

:)

And I would recommend you try real arch or Fedora as well.

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

And I would recommend you try real arch or Fedora as well.

Never tried fedora, but I run Arch pretty much on a daily basis.

I don't like bundled software within installation images. Half the software from a default manjaro installation, I wouldn't ever use.

But if someone ever asks me for a distro, I just say manjaro, because, I want them to have up to date software since the machines are pretty new, and most people who would ask me definitely won't know how to install arch.

Edited by smiley

6 hours ago, smiley said:

But if someone ever asks me for a distro, I just say manjaro, because, I want them to have up to date software since the machines are pretty new, and most people who would ask me definitely won't know how to install arch.

Check out the arch wiki

tbh I am on Endeavour OS as a temporary solution because I need to fix reinstall Arch but didn't have enough time to do it. :P 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...