[WIP] "Grand Strategy" Campaign - A25 mod

wraitii

I already played the last version of the mod for a few hours, a work in development but already very playable, here are some observations.

1 I believe that by the nature of development the world map is not yet complete, but I do believe that at least the ocean and inaccessible areas should have a color to stand out from the background.

2 Province could generate resource after conquered (money) with different values depending on their importance.

3 Provinces evolve with time, both in terms of the wealth generated and in terms of acculturation.

4 Technologies can be created for the hero on which he spends his money or/and experience to unlock them.

5 A general of cool stuff: special structures by province, empty states, construction of more heroes by civ, fleets and naval combat maps/combat between heroes' troops (kind of unlikely).

I know how much this is complicated and laborious to be implemented, especially in a project with the nature of a mod maintained by one person, so nothing here is a chore, alias I hope in a few months with more knowledge in .js I even can help with any of these ideas or others that are accepted.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I know how much this is complicated and laborious to be implemented, especially in a project with the nature of a mod maintained by one person, so nothing here is a chore, alias I hope in a few months with more knowledge in .js I even can help with any of these ideas or others that are accepted

In fact it was not planned for this stage of game development.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 28/6/2022 at 4:41 AM, Lopess said:

@wraitii I see that there are many python files to help in the development of the mod, but I don't know how to take advantage of them in automation, where can I find out what each one does? I plan to make new campaign maps in the future.

I'll try and get some smaller instructions in the repo and I'll ping you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

A pity that this beautiful mod is a little outdated, currently using the most updated version of 0ad, when starting the campaign it presents this error:

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/Province.js line 7

Province@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/Province.js:7:25
  parseHistory@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/GameData.js:168:32
  initialiseGame@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/GameData.js:132:8
  createNewGame@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/GameData.js:102:14
  actuallyStart@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/init/InitPage.js:165:12
  onStartRequest/<@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/init/InitPage.js:159:41
  setButtonCaptionsAndVisibitily/</button[i].onPress@gui/common/utilities.js:29:11

1130893844_Capturadetelade2023-03-3015-00-26.thumb.png.a998f9f4533ad380c5c2e759c13dd34f.png

If anyone sober as a solver, or any idea what should be done?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lopess said:

A pity that this beautiful mod is a little outdated, currently using the most updated version of 0ad, when starting the campaign it presents this error:

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/Province.js line 7

Province@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/Province.js:7:25
  parseHistory@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/GameData.js:168:32
  initialiseGame@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/GameData.js:132:8
  createNewGame@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/game/GameData.js:102:14
  actuallyStart@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/init/InitPage.js:165:12
  onStartRequest/<@gui/campaigns/grand_strategy/init/InitPage.js:159:41
  setButtonCaptionsAndVisibitily/</button[i].onPress@gui/common/utilities.js:29:11

1130893844_Capturadetelade2023-03-3015-00-26.thumb.png.a998f9f4533ad380c5c2e759c13dd34f.png

If anyone sober as a solver, or any idea what should be done?

@wraitii @Stan`

• Like 1