Cheezy Has A New Computer! :d

Today, CheeZy and i finished building his new computer. I won't give the specs because i don't want to mess anything up, but i can tell you that it is real nice and that CheeZy has been waiting for this day for a long time. He had worked on his motherboard and chassis. He screwed the motherboard on and had mounted the CPU fan. Today we finished it. I went over to his house and we worked on it for about 6-7 hours. It was exciting and we encountered problems along the way. One was that we thought that it had an integrated display, but it didn't, so we just pulled the graphics card out of his old computer. We partitioned the hard drive into two parts and we installed the OS. It was great until we forgot that the Windows XP Pro version that we had was old and when it connected to the internet, the computer got the MSBlaster worm instantly. We spent about 2 hours on the computer removing it while trying to prevent it from getting it again. We finally suceeded after starting the computer up in Safe Mode many times and by managing to get the updates, install antivirus software, and the like.

The point being that he has a new computer and it is b1+(h1ng. :D:D

(Mind you he had a pentium 3 600Mhz, about 324MB of RAM, and a 20GB hard drive)

Hehe, you mean he bought the "upgrade" edition and didn't have to have a previous version installed? Yep, that's nice, I've had that happen to me. Usually you need to verify a previous version by sticking the CD (i.e. Win98/Win95 CD) into the drive and letting it read it for a second.

:D Can't wait to see pictures of the beast :D

Yeah, new PC rocks, I'll have pics and maybe some benchmarks later.

By the way, my CPU temperature is usually at arround 40-45 C - which rocks, the 2 side fans and kick @#$% heatsink really work. Most stock computers are at the 55-65 C range.

I'll have pics later tonight so I can show you the awesome LEDs on it (theres 6 total)

Stock speeds :D It can go up to 200 x 17 (3.4 ghz) (that's the max the motherboard allows) which would be something like an XP 5000 :D, but I wouldn't take it any higher than XP3600 speeds (200x13...2.6Ghz)

Right now it's a modest 2.205 ghz, stock speed. I don't plan on overclocking this machine unless maybe I get mad at AMD or Intel or someone for making a new chip that's outrageously faster than mine. But that won't happen for another 2 years.